ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC in passport or as a separate card?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

catnap2012
Newly Registered

RC in passport or as a separate card?

Post by catnap2012 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi

I received my EEA2 last Thursday!! I'm happy but I'm wondering why is in the form of a visa sticker stuck in my passport. I thought it was suppose to be a card, the size of a credit card. Do they send that later or is it either a card or sticker in the passport?

My passport expires before my EEA2 visa does so it's better for me to have the card if it's an option.

Did anyone else receive theirs as a separate card? If so did you specifically request this?

If anyone received the visa in their passports, do they send the card later?

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:55 pm

It's quite normal to receive your residence card in your passport, in the UK at least.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 pm

It's either sticker in the passport of a sticker on a A4 piece of paper. It was never a credit card / plastic card (that exist for other types of permits in the UK but not the ones under EEA regulations).

flashware

Post by flashware » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:01 pm

I've just received mine as paper, very flimsy but still easy enough to carry around in my travel wallet when required.

I know I can use the EU lane when arriving into the UK now, but is the same true for other EU countries?
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Without passport UKBA normally issue EEA2 RC on A4 size page and its never been on any credit card typed/sized card. Because its being issued under European rules instead of British rules in which biometrics details are being kept in card chip.