ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my wife stay in UK on Tier 2 Dependent visa without me?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rameshthegreat
Newly Registered

Can my wife stay in UK on Tier 2 Dependent visa without me?

Post by rameshthegreat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:55 am

Hi, I am in UK on a tier 2 (ICT) visa and being asked by my employer to return back. My wife is here with me on tier 2 dependent but had got a permanent job. Both our visas are valid till 15/02/2013.
Can someone help me with the following queries please?
1. Will it be possible for her to continue in UK while i return back?
2. How can she change from being my dependent to her own visa? and can this be done while she is here in UK?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 am

Arguably, she can stay until her visa expires or until the UKBA curtail her stay but after that, she must leave. If she were to be able to find a T2 sponsor, she would be obliged to apply for a visa from her own country.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 am

If your employer reports to ukba to(as it should) that you are no longer working in the UK then both yours and your wife's visas should be curtailed. If your wife travels outside the UK after you have left then she may be refused entry if they are aware. (or find out) that you are no longer living and working in the uk.