ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor visa need advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ritabh
Newly Registered

General visitor visa need advice

Post by ritabh » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi,

I have Tier1 General visa valid until Mar 2014, and I want to invite my mother-in-law to visit in UK. She will apply for general visitor visa instead of family visitor visa after rule change on 9th Jul 2012. She is home maker and does not have much money in her indian account. But she has agricultural land and a house on her name. My father-in-law is a businessman and he has a joint account with his business partner.

I am sponsoring my mother-in-law and providing following list of documents from my side:

1. Sponsor letter: it clearly states she will stay with me and all expendiure will be borne by me during her stay in UK.
2. Scanned copies of my salary slips for past 6 months and P60 for last financial year.
3. Scanned copies of my bank statements for past 6 months showing salary credited.
4. Council Tax and water bills for past 2 years.
5. Employer reference letter
6. My passport detail and visa copies.

Also she will provide a letter written by chartered accountant showing the value of property and transfer Rs 2 lacs in her account (2 lacs in her account within 1 month of applying for visa application). Also bank statement from my father-in-law for past 6 months along with letter of consent from joint account holder.

Can anyone please suggest if above documents are sufficient or do I need to change anything in visa application?

Many Thanks
Ritabh

ritabh
Newly Registered

Post by ritabh » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:48 am

Anyone any fruitful comments please....

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:15 am

ritabh wrote:Hi All,

My mother-in-law applied for general visitor visa on 9th Oct and today she received confirmation of refusal. She provided following documents for her application.

From my side:

1. 6 months salary slips and bank statements (always min balance > £6K)
2. Council tax and utility bills for last 2 years
3. Employer reference letter
4. My and my wife's passports and visas detail
5. Sponsor letter stating accommodation detail, relationship and purpose of visit along with statement that I'll bear all her expenses.

From her side:

1. Letter from chartered accountant and chartered architect stating detail of property and value (>70Lacs) in valuation letter.
2. Personal bank account in which 2 lacs deposited on 3rd Oct.
3. My father-in-law's business account bank statements for last 6 months.
4. My father-in-laws company registration certificate.
5. Cover letter stating showing her family detail, property detail and that I am sponsoring her.

She is house wife and didn't have any sort of direct income apart from property on her name so she submitted property valuation letter with her application.

UKBA dont have any issue with my documents. In refusal letter following points have been mentioned:

1. In your application you have shown only business account detail of your husband. I realise that the account of a business may vary but the only large amounts seen on the statements are transfers. You have not explained these transfers.

2. You write that your husband has income from land and farming but you have provided no evidence on this.

3. The property valuation report you have sent us to support your application does not help us assess your circumstances. This is because such documents are readily available and produced and an independent organisation can not prove the contents are genuine.

4. Your own bank statement shows a balance of Rs 204000 on 4th Oct of which sum Rs 203000 was deposited in cash on 3rd and 4th Oct 2012.

My father-in-law has cold storage and agricultural land so there are many large amount transactions in the bank statements so this shouldn't be a problem. Also she specifically mentioned that these 2 lacs are withdrawn from business account and deposited in her account (because they dont know how to transfer online).

Can anyone please suggest what else can be provided in her next application so that this time application is not rejected?

Thanks
Ritabh
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.