ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did counter signatory must receive call before minpassports?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Did counter signatory must receive call before minpassports?

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 pm

I just want to know did counter signatory received call to confirm before they issue Ist child passport or it can come without even contacting signatory.plz advise those who get passport,they should have knowledge an this.

rentmeda

Re: Did counter signatory must receive call before minpasspo

Post by rentmeda » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:54 pm

The counter signatory was never contacted when we applied for my Child's first Passport.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Page 13 of the guide says:

"We will check that the counter signatory is genuine. Make sure that your counter signatory knows we may contact them. In some cases, we may need proof of their identity. We may ask you to provide another application form with a different countersignatory if we are not satisfied with your choice of countersignatory or we cannot contact them."
Last edited by linkers on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

linkers wrote:Page 13 of the guide says:

"We will check that the countersignatory is genuine. Make sure that your countersignatory knows we may contact them. In some cases, we may need proof of their identity. We may ask you to provide another application form with a different countersignatory if we are not satisfied with your choice of countersignatory or we cannot contact them."
Agree that the guide says so. But what I mentioned was that they never contacted the counter signatory when we applied for my Kids passport earlier in the year.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:00 pm

that's only correct in your case rentmeda. They may contact the counter signatory on a random basis.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Means it may contact or may not?

boloney

Post by boloney » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:27 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Means it may contact or may not?
yes
they did`t contact countersignee when applied for my daughter passport, he provided all details they asked on form.
but when I applied for my son`s passport there was no countersignee pasport number and they did contact him by post through his company.