ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) New Version - Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christinajones
Newly Registered

FLR(M) New Version - Question

Post by christinajones » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have an appointment on Friday morning at the Liverpool PEO for an unmarried partners visa.

Of course since I filled in my application form there's been another version issued (version 09/2012), and I have a question about one of the changes.

Question 6.9 asks: 'Have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?'

I have never previously been granted leave to remain as a partner before - so what should I answer? My current visa is a Post-Study work visa and yes, I've been living with my partner since I received that. I guess I am just not sure why the question is assuming my last grant of leave was through my partner.

Perhaps the question is just poorly worded and it should read: 'Have you lived together as partners permanently in the UK since your last grant of limited leave to remain?'

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am off to Liverpool tomorrow! Thanks!

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by meggo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 pm

would love to know how this worked out - it has informed me I need to print off a new application in the very least!

There was definitely some sort of typo in the past version (when asking how many rooms in the flat and then leaving no space to fill in the answer)

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Re: FLR(M) New Version - Question

Post by thecomptroller » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 pm

An old post I know but the question is still worded in the same way in the current form at Section 6.9 and confused me at first. The question is worded correctly and is intended for people who have previously obtained leave to remain as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK and who are making a subsequent application to extend the stay (eg by another 2.5 years before applying for ILR). Obviously, the question is intended to check that partners who applied 2.5 years previously are still living together.

The question was not applicable to the poster because it was her first application under this category: it asks you that earlier in section 2.2