ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Insane contradiction in letter from UKBA re processing times

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JeanR
Newly Registered

Insane contradiction in letter from UKBA re processing times

Post by JeanR » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 am

I have just received a response from the UKBA in response to my letter enquiring about processing times for SET (M) applications received in the first week of June.

The letter, which is dated the 25th of September, states that 509 SET(M) applications were received in the week of June 4th, and 44 of those have been decided. It then goes on to say that June applicants can expect to receive a decision within 53 calendar days. Those two statements blatantly contradict each other: 53 calendar days from the 4th of June brings us to the 27th of July. So clearly, if only 44 applications have been decided by the 25th of September, the decision times are much, much longer. How can the UKBA not recognize the ridiculousness of making those two statements in the same letter?

I am afraid that all those of us who applied in June are in for a very long wait. But as though that weren't bad enough, why do they tell us such obvious untruths about their processing times?