ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from T1 PSW to T4 Student 5yrs Cap

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mat1055
Newly Registered

Switch from T1 PSW to T4 Student 5yrs Cap

Post by mat1055 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am

Hi everyone, question regarding 5yrs cap.

Basically I completed a three yrs BSc and a one year MSc at two different UK universities from 2006 and 2010 on T4 visa. I then applied the T1 PSW which expires on 02/2013. I enrolled as a MSc student at another university last week with my T1 PSW visa and is planning to switch to T4 by the end of Oct.

Im now aware of the 5yrs T4 cap as the university staff told me last week that the UKBA may as well refuse my application because I've already studied a 3yrs BSc in psychology and a 1yr MSc in forensic psychology, and the MSc Im studying now is in a different field of psychology (the UKBA may treat it as study at the same levels). Not sure if the UKBA will grant a T4 visa but the University says that if the UKBA refused my application, the university will refund my tuition fee partially.

I want to ask if they decided to refuse my T4 application, will this affect my current T1 PSW?

Thanks.