ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cluelesss

Tier 1 General Dependant visa

Post by cluelesss » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 am

Hi,
I am applying for my wife visa in Nov/dec12 as a Tier 1 General dependant. But my visa expiry is in May13. Somebody told me that the main applicants visa expiry date must be more than 6 months away to apply for a dependant visa.. Is there any truth in this?. I cant find any such restriction on ukba website. I am from pakistan.

Thanks in advance. :)

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 1 General Dependant visa

Post by ARUNLAL » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:14 am

cluelesss wrote:Hi,
I am applying for my wife visa in Nov/dec12 as a Tier 1 General dependant. But my visa expiry is in May13. Somebody told me that the main applicants visa expiry date must be more than 6 months away to apply for a dependant visa.. Is there any truth in this?. I cant find any such restriction on ukba website. I am from pakistan.

Thanks in advance. :)
Hi -It's not true . You can apply your wife visa any time before you visa expiry date. She will be offered with visa till the main applicant expiry date.
Provided you have all other documents in place .

cluelesss

Post by cluelesss » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks Aarun. I have the same opinion.

Also does she need to fullfill english language requirement or is it not required for PBS dependant.

And does she need to do the TB screening.?

I have my own limited company, so what proof i need to send for my employment. Does a letter from accountant ok, or do i need to send dividend vouchers/salary slips as well.

I have enough maintenance funds in my account though.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:16 pm

There is no such requirement. She can apply anytime before your visa expires. She will get visa until May 2013. In fact she will apply again with you for extension in April 2013.

No English requirements for her

Yes TB screening is required

Letter from accountant with your business statement would be enough but it will be better if you could include salary slips and dividend vouchers

Make sure your Nikah Nama / Marriage certificate is registered with your local Union Council and it is endorsed and signed by them
lets get together for migrants' rights