ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in getting Biometric resident permit card

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rudrav
Newly Registered

Delay in getting Biometric resident permit card

Post by rudrav » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 am

Hi, I got my visa approved on 15th Sep 2012. However i haven't received BRP card till now. Today is 10th working day. My agent mentioned that they will send a mail BRP delivery team when they don't receive the same by monday.

I just want to understand whether this is the usual time UKBA takes and anybody have noticed delay in getting biometric cards.

sussexguy

Re: Delay in getting Biometric resident permit card

Post by sussexguy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:22 pm

rudrav wrote:Hi, I got my visa approved on 15th Sep 2012. However i haven't received BRP card till now. Today is 10th working day. My agent mentioned that they will send a mail BRP delivery team when they don't receive the same by monday.

I just want to understand whether this is the usual time UKBA takes and anybody have noticed delay in getting biometric cards.
Really!? I thought that's one thing that they do it normally. When did you apply for your Tier 2(General)?

gargoilybeauty4001
Newly Registered

Post by gargoilybeauty4001 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:29 pm

i also want to know the answer to this question because its been more then 3 weeks now but i still not recieved my brp card yet ...

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:10 pm

gargoilybeauty4001 wrote:i also want to know the answer to this question because its been more then 3 weeks now but i still not recieved my brp card yet ...
I got my approval on Jan 22... still no sign of it and I am desperate to start at my new job!!!!!!

gargoilybeauty4001
Newly Registered

Post by gargoilybeauty4001 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:33 pm

physicskate wrote:
gargoilybeauty4001 wrote:i also want to know the answer to this question because its been more then 3 weeks now but i still not recieved my brp card yet ...
I got my approval on Jan 22... still no sign of it and I am desperate to start at my new job!!!!!!
Me tooo , i want to move to london from nass housing provider but cant because of BRP :-( .... nobody helps at all .. i am stuck

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 am

I've just had this back from UKBA:

Thank you for contacting the BRP Customer Contact Centre regarding delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

We have experienced a high demand for Biometric Residence Permits which has resulted in some delays in their production and delivery.

Your BRP should be delivered within the next 3-7 working days.
We apologise for the inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Thank you
BRP Delivery Team

Anyone else every had anything similar. This is so bl**dy typical for this to happen to me. I have been trying to start at my new employer since the start of SEPTEMBER. They honestly don't care what this does to people's lives. Do they????

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 pm

physicskate wrote:I've just had this back from UKBA:

Thank you for contacting the BRP Customer Contact Centre regarding delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

We have experienced a high demand for Biometric Residence Permits which has resulted in some delays in their production and delivery.

Thank you
BRP Delivery Team

Anyone else every had anything similar. This is so bl**dy typical for this to happen to me. I have been trying to start at my new employer since the start of SEPTEMBER. They honestly don't care what this does to people's lives. Do they????
Bit weird. They sent my Biometric card even before approval letter and passport.

wen3
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by wen3 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi, how did you contact BRP for your BRP delay? i am starting to freak out about mine too. it is not here for 12 working days and when did you get it eventually?
physicskate wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 am
I've just had this back from UKBA:

Thank you
BRP Delivery Team

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Delay in getting Biometric resident permit card

Post by physicskate » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 am

This post is from over 4 years ago, before the ukba became ukvi... the email addresses and procedures have changed considerably since then.

From what I can remember (if I cast my mind through the mists of time), the information on how to contact them came with my approval letter.