ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP and English professiency

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lella
Newly Registered

WP to HSMP and English professiency

Post by lella » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:14 pm

I am a workpermit holder working in the UK since last 3 years. If i want to move to HSMP, will the new rules permit me to do it?. If so, does the English professiency have any impact on this?

I did my graduation in india in english medium. And the "english" medium is clearly stated in the degree certificate. Do I still need to get a separate letter from the University?

If i move to HSMP now, will i loose my 3 years experience to get PR?. Is there any impact on PR with this.

Please help me out of this confusion,

Suresh
:roll:

meggles

Post by meggles » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:57 am

i have also been in the UK for 3 years on WP. i will be switching to HSMP in Jan 07. Since both immigration categories lead to settlement, the ILR clock does not reset. For example, if you moved to the UK in Nov 03, you will be eligable for ILR in Nov 08 (this is based on the rules staying the same from now until Nov 08).