ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thinkingagain

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by thinkingagain » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 am

Hello Manci/All,

I have few questions and would be grateful if you can help me to resolve:

1. My workpermit was issued on AA 2008 and my Visa on BB 2008. I entered UK on CC 2008. Should i use the date of entry as start date for 5 year completion or should it be workpermit issue date or visa issue date.
2. As stated above, i have entered UK in workpermit and my visa is extended usually every year. My last extension was on July 2012. I would like to move from Tier 2 ICT Long term to Tier 2 General. Am i eligbile? or will i have issue due to 12 months cooling off period.
3. Assuming the above answer as eligible, if i change to Tier 2 General, Will i be able to work with any client provided i get a sponsporer for my Tier 2 General.
4. Assuming i get my Tier 2 General visa and then i go to my native country and be back before 90 days (to serve notice period), will i still be eligble for ILR in 2013 or the break will negate all the time i had spent in UK.
5. Finally, assuming that i am get my Tier 2 visa, will i be able to work with my current company and serve the notice period before i join the job through the sponsorer
Thanks much.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by manci » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm

thinkingagain wrote:Hello Manci/All,

I have few questions and would be grateful if you can help me to resolve:

1. My workpermit was issued on AA 2008 and my Visa on BB 2008. I entered UK on CC 2008. Should i use the date of entry as start date for 5 year completion or should it be workpermit issue date or visa issue date. date of entry
2. As stated above, i have entered UK in workpermit and my visa is extended usually every year. My last extension was on July 2012. I would like to move from Tier 2 ICT Long term to Tier 2 General. Am i eligbile? or will i have issue due to 12 months cooling off period. you are eligible, no cooling-off period
3. Assuming the above answer as eligible, if i change to Tier 2 General, Will i be able to work with any client provided i get a sponsporer for my Tier 2 General. you can only work for the sponsor and clients of the sponsor
4. Assuming i get my Tier 2 General visa and then i go to my native country and be back before 90 days (to serve notice period), will i still be eligble for ILR in 2013 or the break will negate all the time i had spent in UK. Read Q16 http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 7938ebf54a
5. Finally, assuming that i am get my Tier 2 visa, will i be able to work with my current company and serve the notice period before i join the job through the sponsorer yes, but only provided the work start date in the new T2G CoS is after the end of the notice period
Thanks much.

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Thank you much Manci for a very clear reply. I just have one more question:

5. Finally, assuming that i am get my Tier 2 visa, will i be able to work with my current company and serve the notice period before i join the job through the sponsorer yes, but only provided the work start date in the new T2G CoS is after the end of the notice period

<<Will i be able to get the COS and new Tier 2 Visa in UK, then put my resignation, go to my home country to serve the notice and come to UK to start working on the new Tier 2 General Visa?. this means that i have my new Tier 2 General Visa with new sponsorer before i travel to home country, then serve my notice but i work with the new visa only after i serve my notice period.>>

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 am

Manci, I would be grateful if u can help clarify my query