ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

...HSMP rejections.. need help on filing review petition

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sssm

...HSMP rejections.. need help on filing review petition

Post by sssm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:30 am

Dear All,Senior members, Panteima, John and Moderators

I just got my docs safe.

But whats ridiculous is the points they awarded

Education: Claimed 25. Got 15. I am an M.Tech from J.N.T.U hyderabad, India. Is M.Tech from JNTU not considered as Post graduate?

Has anyone with M.Tech from JNTU applied and please let me know their experience with HSMP.

Work Exp: Claimed 25. Got 0. I have 10 years of exp. As my current org didnot provide me job descriptions ( close to 4 years). I still stand to get 25 points there. Surprising!!!

Past Earnings: 25. This is my current company salary details.

Really surprising they accepted salary details but didnot consider my current exp in the World No. 2 Product Development company in Software.

My doubt is.. I planned to apply for HSMP last year itself in March 2005. I got my reference letters from my previous companies in Mar 2005. I used them now. Will it make a difference?

How do I put my case for review? The space given for our explanation is hardly 3 lines?

Please help me as to how to file review in my case.

sssm

...adding few more words

Post by sssm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:50 am

I had a WP from 2001-2003. I put original WP in the list of docs sent for approval. Doesnot that help.

Please help me how do I file review in precise wording as space on review form is less than 4 lines.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:04 am

hi sssm,

its really pity that the HSMP team wouldn't even wait to understand our degree standards.
why dont u apply for NARIC evaluation scheme, wherein u would get a comparision certificate which the hsmp would deem it as authentic.
JNTU is UGC registered. donno what the HSMP caseworkers know and understand.
better apply for naric and fax the same in the review. still u have 25 days time to submit review

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:09 am

Consider this as a blessings in disguise and apply to another country which values its skilled immigrants. It is my sincere advise to prospective HSMP applicants to reconsider UK as an immigration destination as there are other countries which provide ILR status the day you land

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:39 am

I endorse rog's advice
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

sssm

..need help on preparing a precise review reason

Post by sssm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:49 am

How to apply for NARIC and how much it costs? BTW can someone really help me formulate a review reason considering my position. Writing everything on 3 lines space is not possible. Can we add additional sheets?
freebirds wrote:hi sssm,

its really pity that the HSMP team wouldn't even wait to understand our degree standards.
why dont u apply for NARIC evaluation scheme, wherein u would get a comparision certificate which the hsmp would deem it as authentic.
JNTU is UGC registered. donno what the HSMP caseworkers know and understand.
better apply for naric and fax the same in the review. still u have 25 days time to submit review

sssm

..well said Rog

Post by sssm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:51 am

On hindsight it appears as blessing in disguise and with new rules .. i think UK will be flooded by people so..considering other country options is good. Can you please tell me which all countries have this option and processing should happen in 1 month's time?
Rog wrote:Consider this as a blessings in disguise and apply to another country which values its skilled immigrants. It is my sincere advise to prospective HSMP applicants to reconsider UK as an immigration destination as there are other countries which provide ILR status the day you land

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:54 am

I remember Ireland was suppose to come up with point system.
Has anyone any idea about that.

I would'nt mind moving to Ireland.

sssm

Post by sssm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:18 pm

Yes thats better option only thing is they pay you in EUR. wrt Indian currency INR 30 difference exists between 1GBP and 1 EUR

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:26 pm

but still if you're paid £35K in UK for a job that does not mean you will be paid Euro35K for the similar job in ireland. Probably Euro45K I would guess and effectively its the same amount if you convert to INR.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:13 am

sssm,

My case also rejected because they didn't award any point for wrok experience. I've 6 years of experience but they didn't even award 25 points... now planning for a review.

any idea how much time it'll take to review the application.

JD

sssm

Post by sssm » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:23 am

not sure jd... but i think it should take around 15 days atleast for them to respond