ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejection of ILR postal application past valid visa date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pied_piper

Rejection of ILR postal application past valid visa date

Post by pied_piper » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi All,

History:

Current visa status: Tier-1 General
EC: 7 Dec, 2007
EC expires: 7 Dec 2012

I have been trying hard to get a PEO appointment during the last week with no luck. I intend to keep trying for a few days more but thinking about the worst case options and have few questions:

1. Do solicitors have access to special appointment slots. If yes, how early normally these solicitors need to be contacted for getting an appointment.

2. If a postal application is made and the application gets rejected past the valid visa date, what are the options.

I will really appreciate any positive help, Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:18 pm

1. Yes, they have their own slots (third party / legal representatives). As early as possible, they aren't sitting idle!
2. If a valid, in-time application is refused, the applicants will be given a right of appeal.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Under relatively new UKBA rules regarding solicitor/legal rep slots....they now need a minimum of 5 weeks notice.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:01 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Yes, they have their own slots (third party / legal representatives). As early as possible, they aren't sitting idle!
2. If a valid, in-time application is refused, the applicants will be given a right of appeal.
Thanks a lot Sushdmehta and Casa for your replies. I will probably try it for next three weeks and will go for solicitor if I can't manage to get an appointment. Looks like a few more sleepless nights are waiting for me ...