ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to Europe leaf child in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jeroen stam
Newly Registered

Returning to Europe leaf child in UK

Post by Jeroen stam » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 pm

It might be that I (Dutch) have to return back to Holland with my wife (Brazilian) and our youngest son. The oldest who is 18 years and studies in the UK and who is on an EEA Family permit granted in 2009 wants to stay to finish his study. Also he has not any link with Holland. His social life is here in the UK. I understand that if I as a sponsor leave the country his visa will expire? Is that correct and what does he need to do to stay in the UK?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 pm

How long has he (the child) been living in the UK as your dependent?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:41 pm

He should be covered by Regulation 492/11 as interpreted by baumbast
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Jeroen stam
Newly Registered

Post by Jeroen stam » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 pm

@Lucapooka.

He's living in the UK since 1 Sept 2009 and before a year in Holland.
I forgot to mention he's a Brazilian national and so have a Brazilian passport
All his documents are ok. He has his NI number NHS and GP registered and provisional driving licence. Only thing what has to be done is a new EEA2 family permit application so he get this vignette in his new passport.

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Jeroen stam wrote:@Lucapooka.

All his documents are ok. He has his NI number NHS and GP registered and provisional driving licence. Only thing what has to be done is a new EEA2 family permit application so he get this vignette in his new passport.
i am intersted in your progress on this.

does your son have a student loan here? and if he does will he be able to keep it once you leave?.

my situation may be the opposite- holland coming to england and leaving our non-eu dependent child to finish university in holland. I am british.

But I don't know if he can keep his student finance there once we leave.

Can anyone help on what the children left behind are continued to be entitled to?

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:00 am

dilmundesert wrote:
Jeroen stam wrote:@Lucapooka.

i am intersted in your progress on this.

does your son have a student loan here? and if he does will he be able to keep it once you leave?.

my situation may be the opposite- holland coming to england and leaving our non-eu dependent child to finish university in holland. I am british.

But I don't know if he can keep his student finance there once we leave.

Can anyone help on what the children left behind are continued to be entitled to?
anyone??

what does baumbast say about the right for a child to stay and carry on to finish their education even if they have student finance? If they need student finance to finish?

public fund? an uneccesary bürden on the state?, I do not think it can be because it is student finance and must be paid back.