ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Provisional or full booking of airline tickets

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Provisional or full booking of airline tickets

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi
I am planning to visit Canada next year in easter holidays. I have checked the London visa office for supporting documents and application forms.
There is a checklist on the website which provides the list of documents one should submit with their visa application.
I am not sure about the followings
1)- Proof of funds - bank statement, proof of property ownership. How many month's bank statement I should submit?
2- Travel itinerary (copy of provisional booking of airline tickets), if applying for a Transit Visa. Do I have to submit the confirmed airline tickets as I am only traveling to Canada and not transiting?
3- It does not mention anywhere about confirmed hotel booking? Do I have to provide hotel booking confirmation?

Thanks

jrge

Re: Provisional or full booking of airline tickets

Post by jrge » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:48 am

Hi,
jinkazama_11 wrote:Hi
I am planning to visit Canada next year in easter holidays. I have checked the London visa office for supporting documents and application forms.
There is a checklist on the website which provides the list of documents one should submit with their visa application.
1)- Proof of funds - bank statement, proof of property ownership. How many month's bank statement I should submit?
* Six months worth of statements should suffice.
2- Travel itinerary (copy of provisional booking of airline tickets), if applying for a Transit Visa. Do I have to submit the confirmed airline tickets as I am only traveling to Canada and not transiting?
* Only submit provisional booking.
3- It does not mention anywhere about confirmed hotel booking? Do I have to provide hotel booking confirmation?
* Only provide what you are being asked for.

Thanks
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 am

Thank you for your help.
jrge wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:53 pm

jrge wrote:Hi,

Thanks
I applied on the 19th oct for a tourist visa and was issued with one.
Documents: I had a sponsorship letter from my cousin, had my 3 weeks old bank statement, My eu citizen wife's passport(even though she dont need a visa to travel to Canada for visit/tourism), our marriage certificate, work payslip & employment/contract letter. That's all really no questions asked and was issued with 6 months visa within 2 hours.

Canadian Embassy is open between the hours of 0800-1030 Mon - Fri (excluding Bank holidays) for consular services. I went up there quite early around 7ish and there wasn't anyone but as soon the embassy opened I could see there was a que of about 50 people behind me. So better to go around 7 am. Make sure you take correct fee as no change given they wouldn't even accept the excessive visa fee, duly signed/filled application form etc etc and normal application stuff, please ensure to take the copies of all the documents as they like to keep all the copies you submitted. Also noe you would have to wait they take your application & supporting documents including fee as soon as you go in but then you have to wait for good couple of hours for the decision.

Thanks and Good luck, if you'de like to ask anything then let me know.
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar