ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: NO ENTRY CLEARANCE STAMP ON PSW VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tensedandworried
Newly Registered

URGENT: NO ENTRY CLEARANCE STAMP ON PSW VISA

Post by tensedandworried » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi Guys,

It would be great if you could advise me on what to do on this:

I studied in the UK from Sep 2009 to Nov 2010, came back to India and returned to the UK on February 21, 2011 on a PSW Visa.

However, when I entered the UK, the immigration officer did not put a entry stamp on my PSW visa or on my passport... But I was allowed to enter the UK and got an NI number, a job et al

Now, I had to go back to India in first week of July 2011 and came back in last week of July 2011.

Upon my arrival, the immigration officer put a stamp on my passport but not on my PSW visa, saying that it should have been done when I came back in Feb 2011 itself.

Now, I am a bit concerned about this. Would this cause any problem should I leave the UK and then try to enter on a fiancee visa in mid 2013?

My PSW visa runs until Feb 2013 and I have my NI card, job letters and everything - just that stamp on the PSW visa is missing.

Please let me know guys if you have any suggestions.

Cheers!

Timmy

qip
Newly Registered

Post by qip » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:39 am

I have a stamp on my visitors visa.
But never had a stamp on my ILR and resident return visas. but passport was actually stamped

tensedandworried
Newly Registered

Post by tensedandworried » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:17 am

Thank you Qip. Any suggestion on what to do? It is not my fault that they did not put a stamp on my visa or on my passport, but I just don't want them to use this as a loophole to deny me entry later on...

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm

tensedandworried wrote:Thank you Qip. Any suggestion on what to do? It is not my fault that they did not put a stamp on my visa or on my passport, but I just don't want them to use this as a loophole to deny me entry later on...
while i was returning from france from holidays through dover, they didnt put any stamp on my passport or visa, but just checked and returned the passport. I dont think that there is a problem

tensedandworried
Newly Registered

Post by tensedandworried » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:35 am

Thank you. my friend, for your reply. Still a bit concerned about it really - it was fault that they did not mark it on my visa or passport, but they would never accept it, would they! :-(

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:38 pm

tensedandworried wrote:Thank you. my friend, for your reply. Still a bit concerned about it really - it was fault that they did not mark it on my visa or passport, but they would never accept it, would they! :-(
You are right, they wont, but we need some senior to reply for your query, like sushdmehta, lukcapooka, vinny, greenie, casa or john

tensedandworried
Newly Registered

Post by tensedandworried » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:21 am

Thank you... And yeah, that is what I am worried about - I have all the proofs that I have been living in the UK between February 2011 to July 2011 (NI card & letter, letter sent from the NHS), though, but I guess when I am initially applying for my fiancee visa, I would not be sending these... If any of the senior moderators could kindly reply to my query, it would be great....

tensedandworried
Newly Registered

Post by tensedandworried » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:53 pm

I talked to the UKBA office today, but the lady at the other line was not very helpful, to be honest... She first asked, "Why would they put a stamp on the PSW visa?" and then when I reiterated that they have not put a stamp on my Passport either, she said it would be at the discretion of the case worker and that I should mention it in my covering letter... Not sure how to progress with this now... Any suggestion or advice, please...? ;-(