ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work contract terminated in Ireland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

padjester
Newly Registered

Work contract terminated in Ireland

Post by padjester » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:36 am

Hi there

I was working on a work permit in Ballsbridge for the last 2 months, my contract got terminated very unexpectedly. I am a South African. What is the process of looking for a new job, do I need to be released from the old permit,ie: Does the company need to cancel this permit with entemp. or do I just get a new employer to apply for a new permit and it won't get blocked by the government? I am here on a stamp 1, should I go change this by GNIB as I am no longer working?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:45 pm

As far as Im aware you have to go through the whole process again and find an employer willing to apply for a new work permit. I think there are some concessions if you were made redundant. You might want to get your local TD involved if the dept doesnt want to issue a new permit, its worth a try. Also you need to change the terms of your residence seeing that your employment has been terminated, the work permit has to be surrendered so the basis of your residency has changed, hopefully youre married and your partner lives in ireland because without that theres not much scope for changing this as you would have to ask for permission to remain on some other ground such as a visitor which will look suspicious..
good luck!