ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family EC refused --- Appeal or Re-apply ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raja1000
Newly Registered

Family EC refused --- Appeal or Re-apply ?

Post by raja1000 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:20 am

Hi,
After my HSMP, I went to UK and found a good job in one week, joining will be in December second week. I came back to my home country and applied for EC of my family (my wife and two children). I submitted my offer letter and invitation letter of my friend that initially my family will stay in his house until I get my own accomodation. I didn't submit any utility bills of my friend's house as he couldn't find these ones.
Embassy refused EC in two days. They didn't accept these proofs. Now I have two options: appeal --but I have read in this forum that it will take too much time and re-apply. Can any guru let me know, what will be the suitable option. I will submit this time about 20K Pounds bank statement and will say that I got this amount as a gift from my mother. I will also submit affidavit as I submitted when I applied for my EC.
But I don't know should I give reference to refused EC and if yes then what should be my words ?
Plz help as my sons are too much attached with me and we wanna go together.
Regards,
Raja

farah

Post by farah » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:39 pm

I am not Guru but on the basis of commonsense can say that appeal should be the right option irrespective of time consumed.
My dear one has recieved stamed passport back today for spouse and 3 childern as well. They all applied together on 08 Nov. at Lahore and EC was stamped on 13 Nov.
Lesson. Do not deffer EC of family.

Farah

indianpirate
Newly Registered

Re: Family EC refused --- Appeal or Re-apply ?

Post by indianpirate » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi
I storngly urge not to appeal, Entry Clearance officers refuse applications on the basis of evidences submitted for EC. It is not their own or individual decisions. They will issue or refuse according to guidance they are given. So no point in appealing, it takes ages and it dont stand.
What I can advise you is, if you have opened a bank account in the UK, it would be better to transfer considerable funds into your UK bank, since you have wife and dependendant childeren the savings must be considerably high. and there must also be an accommadation proof. it must be a tenanacy document on your name. there is no alrternate for accommadation, friends house etc dont work.
Please be vary carefull when you apply second time. I advise you to come to the UK to start working in the December and then apply by sending your December payslip.
hope this helps.
cheers.

Yinkuze

ec

Post by Yinkuze » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:59 pm

just Re-apply with new evidence

The refusal leter will state reasons for refusal, use that to build a new case.
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:42 pm

Raja,

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 6517843636

The above link provides details of maintenance and accommodation requirements for spouse / dependent / civil partner visa.

regards