ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Passport Lost- Outside of UK absense

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

ILR- Passport Lost- Outside of UK absense

Post by yogeshbro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:21 am

Dear all,

I hope the senior/knowledgable members could help on my issue.

I am applying in person for my ILR in the next couple of weeks.

I was granted work permit in April 2007. I switched to Tier 1 in May 2008. I worked for the company from April 2007 to 31st October 2010 and then I was made redundant. I extended my Tier 1 until January 2013 in Jan 2011.

During 2007, after I got my work permit, I was asked to travel outstide of UK for business purposes. I was out of UK for not more than 25 days on every visit outstide of UK. In total they were about 4 business trips.

In June 2008, I had gone back home to see my family and that was not more than 25 days.

In December 2009, gone back to see my family again for not more than 25 days.

In October 2010, was out of UK as my father had an operation. So I was out for another 10 days.

In total, my visits outside UK(both including business and family visit) was not more than 180 days in the last 5 years and no single trip amounted to a stay outside of UK for more than 25-30 days.

I lost my passport in May 2012 and got a new one in June 12.

Do I need to provide any sort of evidence to confirm that I was not outside of UK for more than 180 days or no single visit was more than 90 days.

I was thinking of preparing an absense sheet but I do not have information about my UK entry and exit. I can get etickets confirmation for my holiday visits but not for my business trips.

Can anyone please look into this as I am very scared if they say that we cannot verify your absenses with your new passport and they defer my ILR visa? Please help

Many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:25 am

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!