ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asking passport back

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

renu

asking passport back

Post by renu » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:22 pm

hi, i have sent my application for EEA4 to HO and i am still waiting. However, if i have an emergency and i need to travel, can i ask HO to send me back my passport? what will happen to my application, will i have to do a new application after....
please, some details information will be grateful. thanks.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Requesting passport back neither affect an existing application with ukba nor require to make new application.

orionite
Newly Registered

That may not be entirely correct

Post by orionite » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 am

I had asked for our passports back (EEA2) and they returned them with much back and forth ater about 6-7 weeks.
Today I received a letter that the application was not processed because (among other things) I did not supply passports.

So, it seems that if your application has not started being processed, then asking for our passports back may influence your application, after all.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Above mentioned reply is correct. For better understanding just refer to this web link and especially read the 6th question.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/

renu

Re: That may not be entirely correct

Post by renu » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:51 am

orionite wrote:I had asked for our passports back (EEA2) and they returned them with much back and forth ater about 6-7 weeks.
Today I received a letter that the application was not processed because (among other things) I did not supply passports.

So, it seems that if your application has not started being processed, then asking for our passports back may influence your application, after all.
thanks for your reply. i am sorry to hear that your application was not processed. i have sent application for EEA4 and i am still waiting for my COA, so i dont know if my application has started to be seen by the case worker or not....wish i could go there and have it done, but unfortunately we cant do it this way. i hope you will manage your visa soon...

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:29 am

renu wrote:
orionite wrote:I had asked for our passports back (EEA2) and they returned them with much back and forth ater about 6-7 weeks.

thanks for your reply. i am sorry to hear that your application was not processed. i have sent application for EEA4 and i am still waiting for my COA, so i dont know if my application has started to be seen by the case worker or not....wish i could go there and have it done, but unfortunately we cant do it this way. i hope you will manage your visa soon...
When did you submit your application? after 3 or 4 weeks(even 2 weeks) send an email requesting your passport back for your reason and you should have it in a week MAX of 2 weeks with out affecting your application, that is what I did.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

renu

Post by renu » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:10 pm

spike_UK wrote:
renu wrote:

When did you submit your application? after 3 or 4 weeks(even 2 weeks) send an email requesting your passport back for your reason and you should have it in a week MAX of 2 weeks with out affecting your application, that is what I did.

did you get your EEA4 visa and in how many weeks after you asked your passport back did you get your EEA4 visa? i ams still waiting for the COA.