ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiring in 3 months

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daYZman

Passport expiring in 3 months

Post by daYZman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 am

Hi

I'm preparing my application for an extension of my Tier 4, but my passport is expiring in 3 months (Jan 2013). If the application somehow gets dragged on for more than 3 months at the Home Office, would they reject my application on the basis that it has expired during the application process? Should I go ahead and submit my application?

Thanks a lot for your time.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:25 pm

No.
You may or may wish to consider getting your passport renewed before applying (if you have the time).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Its will be better to get new passport before applying. Otherwise, case offier may will delibrately keep application on hold and refuse after expiry. So dont provide them a reason.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:27 pm

Deviser wrote:Its will be better to get new passport before applying. Otherwise, case offier may will delibrately keep application on hold and refuse after expiry. So dont provide them a reason.
Why are you scaremongering? There is no basis for them to refuse the application because the passport expires in the process-they don't refuse for this reason.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:32 pm

The passport has to be valid on the day of application, i.e the date of post or the date when they received(courier)

PJANI
Newly Registered

Passport Expiry

Post by PJANI » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Hello..

As per rules of UKBA, your passport must be validate for the next six months for any visa extensions and if you apply now (Expiry Date Jan. 2013 as of your case) then your application will be rejected based on non-fulfilment of those basic requirements.

I personally suggest you to find the embassy of your country in UK and apply for your passport renewal. Generally it will take 1 month time to process the renewal and then apply for your visa extensions - never before that...Your passport will expiry within 3 months and if you apply at this time - your application will be rejected...I Hope you understood this..

I hope this will help you...

Jani...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Expiry

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Deviser wrote:Otherwise, case offier may will delibrately keep application on hold and refuse after expiry.
Where is this rule that allows a caseworker to refuse an application if the applicant's passport has expired while the application is pending?
terriblescream wrote:The passport has to be valid on the day of application, i.e the date of post or the date when they received(courier)
Where is this written / mentioned - that a current passport must be valid on the date of the application?
PJANI wrote:As per rules of UKBA, your passport must be validate for the next six months for any visa extensions
Where is such a rule mentioned?

Please stop ill-advising people based on your perceptions / assumptions.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Passport Expiry

Post by terriblescream » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:21 am

sushdmehta wrote:
terriblescream wrote:The passport has to be valid on the day of application, i.e the date of post or the date when they received(courier)
Where is this written / mentioned - that a current passport must be valid on the date of the application?
Ok will find out..