ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 after post study work

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nosha
Newly Registered

Tier4 after post study work

Post by nosha » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:02 am

Hi, I came into UK on a student visa in september 2003. I stayed in UK on a student visa from sep 2003 till dec 2010 after comleting my masters in finance from Hull university. In jan 2011 I got post study work whih is going to expire in Jan 2013. Now I am 8 month away from my 10 years track to ILR. I want to complete my ACCA, which is already in progress. MY question is can I extend my visa after my post study work finish? Am I eligible to swith my visa to tier 4. Becuase apart from my post study work, I have already spent 7 years and 4 months on a student visa..... I need your guidance ...thankss

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:03 am

How much time have you spent studying degree level courses in the UK with either tier 4 or student leave?

nosha
Newly Registered

Post by nosha » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Greenie wrote:How much time have you spent studying degree level courses in the UK with either tier 4 or student leave?
Thanks very much for your kind reply, I spent in total 7 years and 4 months on tier 4 and 2 years on post study work. As a tier 4 student, I studies diplomas, advance diploma , post graduate diplama and finally Master in Finance from Hull University, then I got PSW whih is going to expire next year. Now I want to do ACCA which is already in progress.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 pm

You haven't really answered the question. How many years have you studied at degree level (nqf 6 or above)

nosha
Newly Registered

Post by nosha » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Greenie wrote:You haven't really answered the question. How many years have you studied at degree level (nqf 6 or above)
Yea, Full details from the begining are as under
1 year on diploma in business studies
1 year on advance diploma in business studies
2year on post graduate diploma in business studies
1 year on Acca foundation. and
1 year on M.Sc.
so in real terms I spent one year on degree level at hull university.and the rest of time I spent on different diplomas.. mentioned as above.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 pm

nosha wrote: Yea, Full details from the begining are as under
1 year on M.Sc.
so in real terms I spent one year on degree level at hull university.and the rest of time I spent on different diplomas.. mentioned as above.
As per my thinking:

1 year on diploma in business studies NQF Level 5

1 year on advance diploma in business studies NQF Level 6 (Degree Level)

2year on post graduate diploma in business studies NQF Level 7 (Degree Level)

1 year on Acca foundation. Not sure what papers you mean by ACCA Foundation. If from F1 to F9 than NQF Level 6 which is again Degree level.

1 year on M.Sc. NQF Level 7 (Degree Level)

So now you can count your degree level study as per above, if correct.

nosha
Newly Registered

Post by nosha » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Deviser wrote:
1 year on M.Sc.
As per my thinking:

1 year on Acca foundation. Not sure what papers you mean by ACCA Foundation. If from F1 to F9 than NQF Level 6 which is again Degree level.

Thanks very much for your kind reply.
In ACCA I only studied and cleared F1,F2,F3 and F5, and I spent at least 1 & half year on this status, which is not degree level I presume. So with the ACCA clarification, I spent 4 years on degree level. Now am I eligible to apply tier 4 for the remaining ACCA papers. Becuase some people says it is five years and some people says it is 8 years. Based on the above what is my position for tier 4 now????

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 am

I think there is 5 year limit apply in your case. Your situation is complicated and I think nobody can say anything finally.

Regarding ACCA, I think (just my opinion) it will count under degree level. ACCA studies on Tier-4/Student Visa require 3 papers each term and you were enrolled for 3 terms (as you said 1 and half year) which mean you enrolled for 9 papers and F1 to F9 is degree level study. How many papers you passed or fail its a different thing.

salmankabir27
Newly Registered

Post by salmankabir27 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:12 am

nosha wrote:
Deviser wrote:
1 year on M.Sc.
As per my thinking:

In ACCA I only studied and cleared F1,F2,F3 and F5, and I spent at least 1 & half year on this status, which is not degree level I presume. So with the ACCA clarification, I spent 4 years on degree level. Now am I eligible to apply tier 4 for the remaining ACCA papers. Becuase some people says it is five years and some people says it is 8 years. Based on the above what is my position for tier 4 now????

salmankabir27
Newly Registered

Post by salmankabir27 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:16 am

nosha wrote:
Deviser wrote:
1 year on M.Sc.
As per my thinking:

According to me, you are eligible for visa extension & I don't see any problem for you 10 years long term residency either. You still have over a year of period let to utilize as a tier 4 student. By the time you utilize that one year you might have crossed your 10 years anyways. Therefore you can claim ILR. I am also doing acca. I know the route.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:09 pm

you got 8 months left in 10 years and i think you should apply the ilr straigtway and in case yr visa got refused u will hve appeal right at the time yr hearing come you ll pass by ten years and tr appeal will be allowed .. i knw one lawyer who done the same thing for another guy and his was 9 months and now his got ilr..

salmankabir27
Newly Registered

Post by salmankabir27 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:23 pm

hassan5805 wrote:you got 8 months left in 10 years and i think you should apply the ilr straigtway and in case yr visa got refused u will hve appeal right at the time yr hearing come you ll pass by ten years and tr appeal will be allowed .. i knw one lawyer who done the same thing for another guy and his was 9 months and now his got ilr..

can i please get the contact details of that lawyer please. Its just for my future reference.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Check DM coz its not appropriate to promote sme1 on the forum