ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Available Funds - EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zu79
Newly Registered

Available Funds - EC

Post by zu79 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:46 am

Hi,

Can someone please answer following questions regarding available funds to be shown for EC

1. Apart from GBP 5K in my savings account, I have around GBP 2500 invested in pension funds, insurance, national savings certificates and fixed deposite. Can I count on these funds (invested) as available funds to show for EC?. If yes, do I need to attach original certificates/receipts of my investments along with EC application or photocopy is fine?

2. My wife is NOT going to accompany me initially. She has around GBP 2200 in her savings account. Can i show those funds as available funds in my EC application. Note - We are not filing wife's EC now but planning to do later.

3. We stay in our own house purchased on Loan. Our house is now worth 2 times its original price (bought before 2 yrs). Can we show that in my EC application??. I was not planning to mention that in our EC application as it is bought against loan and wil look like liability rather than asset. Please advise.

Thx
Zu79.

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:02 pm

Hi zu79,

My situation is similar except for the case of home. Can you please let me know from where are you applying for EC? I am from Karachi Pakistan. I have heard that it is always better to apply for family's EC together with the primary applicant as it will become difficult later on.
Regards,

Z Z.

farah

Post by farah » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:45 am

Apply for the spouse alongwith your. Get her EC stamped. She can travel later on during the validity of EC which would be 12 - 24 months

Farah

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:05 pm

Farah,

Can you please tell me if once EC is issued, my spouse will have around 6 months before her first visit? Actually, my understanding is that a person has to enter the UK within 3 months from the date of issuance of EC. Is it different for the dependant's travel?

Actually, I am looking forward for some time during which I can find a suitable accomodation for us and a reasonable job before she joins me there.

I hope you understand the issue and can enlighten me.
Regards,

Z Z.