ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cohabitation document.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neo.kap

cohabitation document.

Post by neo.kap » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 am

Hi,

I entered in the UK as WP on March 2008 and then I got 3 extensions as Tier 2 ICT. My wife and daughter came to UK with me as WP dependent and now they are on Tier2 ICT dependent . My ILR is due in FEB 2013. My question is I dont have any document on my wife's name, not even joint. What are the options for me to prove cohabitation. we are registered with GP and we are on electoral role since 2008.
Any help would be appreciated.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:45 am

Get a letter from you landlord confirming that you n ur wife have been living in your flat for the said period or better still get a new agreement made in your joint names.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:29 am

uksettlement wrote:Get a letter from you landlord confirming that you n ur wife have been living in your flat for the said period or better still get a new agreement made in your joint names.
we rented flat through estate agent and is managed by agent only. I dont think agent would give me such letter. Even I add her name in new agreement then it wont cover 2 years period.

What about following documents?
1. GP letter mentioning we are registered with them since 2008.
2. Letter from electoral office mentioning we are on electoral register since 2008.
3. I have added her on Utility bills now. So now onward I would get utility bills with joint names. but again that wouldnt cover 2 years.
4. NHS cards in 2008.
5. Library cards.
6. We got credit cards with our own name from the same account but statement is on my name only.

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 pm

neo.kap wrote:
uksettlement wrote:Get a letter from you landlord confirming that you n ur wife have been living in your flat for the said period or better still get a new agreement made in your joint names.
we rented flat through estate agent and is managed by agent only. I dont think agent would give me such letter. Even I add her name in new agreement then it wont cover 2 years period.

What about following documents?
1. GP letter mentioning we are registered with them since 2008.
2. Letter from electoral office mentioning we are on electoral register since 2008.
3. I have added her on Utility bills now. So now onward I would get utility bills with joint names. but again that wouldnt cover 2 years.
4. NHS cards in 2008.
5. Library cards.
6. We got credit cards with our own name from the same account but statement is on my name only.
Any help?

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm

My understanding is they need 6 individual documents that spans 2 years - so the utility bill doesn't need to span the first year, you can use it to cover the last half/quarter and other docs to fill the gaps

If you can get the GP letter, NHS cards or appointment cards to cover the beginning period it would good.

I'm no expert though

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:22 pm

AcrossBorders wrote:My understanding is they need 6 individual documents that spans 2 years - so the utility bill doesn't need to span the first year, you can use it to cover the last half/quarter and other docs to fill the gaps

If you can get the GP letter, NHS cards or appointment cards to cover the beginning period it would good.

I'm no expert though

Thanks for your reply. Other thing i noticed on SET(O) it says "please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years)"

I got my last extention on Arpil 2012. Does this mean I need to provide cohab docs starting from April 2012 to date of ILR application?

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:36 pm

neo.kap wrote:
AcrossBorders wrote:My understanding is they need 6 individual documents that spans 2 years - so the utility bill doesn't need to span the first year, you can use it to cover the last half/quarter and other docs to fill the gaps

I'm no expert though

Thanks for your reply. Other thing i noticed on SET(O) it says "please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years)"

I got my last extention on Arpil 2012. Does this mean I need to provide cohab docs starting from April 2012 to date of ILR application?
Any help?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:24 am

neo.kap: You need co hab documents covering two years preceding your application.