ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post subject: Nature of Business / What exactly means contra

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afzalfinance

Post subject: Nature of Business / What exactly means contra

Post by afzalfinance » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Lucapooka if you can kindly help?

Thanks for anyone who takes time to reply my following questions. I requested for answers of these questions yesterday also but I don’t understand that even I can’t see my those question and topic on this forum now?
1- Can I apply on the basis of online Retails business which is on ebay and Amazon?
2- If answer for question 1 is YES then what about First line in 125 of the Enterprenuer Guidline is . You must also provide one or more contracts showing trading.
In the situation as above if I am doing business on ebay and Amazon the invoices I will send with the orders from my customer will work as contracts or not? Or the invpoices I get when do purchasing from the whole suppliers will work? Or teh business contract between me and my supplier will work?
3- What job title would be more suitable for me to select for myself when in fact I will be planning for my business development and will be doing purchasing relevant work too. A Business development Manager? Or A Purchasing Manager?
Last edited by afzalfinance on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God help those who help themselves

rajm2012

Re: Tier 1 Entreprenuer New Applicant Queries

Post by rajm2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:45 pm

afzalfinance wrote: 1- Can someone give a website address that was built right before visa and used as evidence of advertisement? Or where to get the most economical services for a website and how much it should cost IN £?
I haven't applied yet and my website isn't published yet either as I am still in the process of developing it. But I can share the information.

http://uk.godaddy.com/ is a one-stop destination for everything that you need to build a website. Their website-builder plan includes a free domain and web-hosting, and then you will have so many website templates to choose from. You can choose one template and add up to 5 pages to your website and add all the information you want to. Everything will cost you about £50 a year. I think this is the most economical and easiest way to build your website.
Last edited by rajm2012 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm

afzalfinance wrote: 2- For new applicant when UKBA asks for proof of £50 K that means UKBA is convinced that the applicant will invest in the future and has not yet started, then why they ask for proof of Business Contract etc. in question G23?
Well, we cannot really question that. It's just one of their requirements and you have to show at least one business contract to get the visa.
afzalfinance wrote: 3- Is it must to send job descriptions to the UKBA, when they have just asked for Job Title only at this stage as in question G21?
I don't think it is necessary to send the job description. There are people who haven't sent it and have still got the visa. As long as you write your job title in all your marketing activities (business card, website, leaflets, etc), that will satisfy the requirement, I think.
afzalfinance wrote: 4- Need a list of the trade’s bodies in UK, as a requirement for Question Number G22 on the form?
Registering with a trade body is not compulsory. You could do if you want to. For example, if you're a marketing consultancy, you can register with Chartered Institute of Marketing.
afzalfinance wrote: 5- Needs a sample of contract, your name and address deleted for your safety / privacy?
Just search for sample contracts of your field of business in Google. You'll find so many of them. You can edit them as per your requirement.
afzalfinance wrote: 6- What services can one get for question )G22. The applicant must provide one or more documents from the following list to confirm their business activity. Please tick to confirm what is provided:
Advertising or marketing material
Article in a newspaper or other publication
Information from a trade fair
Registration with a trade’s body)
You do not need to submit all of these. I'm going to submit my business card, print-outs of all pages of my website, my registration letter with Chartered Institute of Marketing and leaflets.

afzalfinance

Post by afzalfinance » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Many Many Thanks rajam2012 for your generosity.
rajm2012 wrote:
afzalfinance wrote: 2- For new applicant when UKBA asks for proof of £50 K that means UKBA is convinced that the applicant will invest in the future and has not yet started, then why they ask for proof of Business Contract etc. in question G23?
Well, we cannot really question that. It's just one of their requirements and you have to show at least one business contract to get the visa.
afzalfinance wrote: 3- Is it must to send job descriptions to the UKBA, when they have just asked for Job Title only at this stage as in question G21?
I don't think it is necessary to send the job description. There are people who haven't sent it and have still got the visa. As long as you write your job title in all your marketing activities (business card, website, leaflets, etc), that will satisfy the requirement, I think.
afzalfinance wrote: 4- Need a list of the trade’s bodies in UK, as a requirement for Question Number G22 on the form?
Registering with a trade body is not compulsory. You could do if you want to. For example, if you're a marketing consultancy, you can register with Chartered Institute of Marketing.
afzalfinance wrote: 5- Needs a sample of contract, your name and address deleted for your safety / privacy?
Just search for sample contracts of your field of business in Google. You'll find so many of them. You can edit them as per your requirement.
afzalfinance wrote: 6- What services can one get for question )G22. The applicant must provide one or more documents from the following list to confirm their business activity. Please tick to confirm what is provided:
Advertising or marketing material
Article in a newspaper or other publication
Information from a trade fair
Registration with a trade’s body)
You do not need to submit all of these. I'm going to submit my business card, print-outs of all pages of my website, my registration letter with Chartered Institute of Marketing and leaflets.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:28 pm

afzalfinance wrote:
Thanks for anyone who takes time to reply my following questions. I requested for answers of these questions yesterday also but I don’t understand that even I can’t see my those question and topic on this forum now?
1- Can I apply on the basis of online Retails business which is on ebay and Amazon?
2- If answer for question 1 is YES then what about First line in 125 of the Enterprenuer Guidline is . You must also provide one or more contracts showing trading.
In the situation as above if I am doing business on ebay and Amazon the invoices I will send with the orders from my customer will work as contracts or not? Or the invpoices I get when do purchasing from the whole suppliers will work? Or teh business contract between me and my supplier will work?
3- What job title would be more suitable for me to select for myself when in fact I will be planning for my business development and will be doing purchasing relevant work too. A Business development Manager? Or A Purchasing Manager?

afzalfinance

Lucapooka

Post by afzalfinance » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
afzalfinance wrote:

Thanks.I believe these are my questions for which I dont get answers here.????????????????????????????

rajm2012

Re: Lucapooka

Post by rajm2012 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 pm

afzalfinance wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:
afzalfinance wrote:

Thanks.I believe these are my questions for which I dont get answers here.????????????????????????????
One of the immigrationboards members has successfully got her visa with an online retail business. She showed her amazon invoices. She made sure that the invoices that she showed had her name and job title on them. She also has a website and she showed one of the invoices for the order that she received through her website. Her job title is Sales and Marketing Director. Hope this helps. Good luck!