ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how does it work? ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ds.grg
Newly Registered

how does it work? ILR

Post by ds.grg » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 pm

i am wife of a Gurkha army, currently serving for the British Army.I had my Set(O) application sent in about 2 months ago and since then I have only got a response saying that it has been received and nothing else. Since the new Biometric Residence Permit has come into action, I am in dilemma as in how long it takes to get a letter to book an appointment. I have sent every strong proofs I have and have also stated that my husband and I will be travelling back to our country on second week of November compassionate leave through the British Army Force office as my mother-in-law is very ill. In 3 weeks time, we will also be moving away to a new place and I might not be able to receive the letter or ILR card if it arrives any later. Even if I had to withdraw my passport back, will my visa be extended as it ends in the mid of December 2012,which is the time we might be returning back to U.K. I am in great need of advice regarding the ILR form as my husband is currently deployed in afghanistan and have no direct source to seek advice.
With these reasons, is there any chances of speeding up the process for the application?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: how does it work? ILR

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 pm

ds.grg wrote:In 3 weeks time, we will also be moving away to a new place and I might not be able to receive the letter or ILR card if it arrives any later.
Apply for post redirection at Royal Mail and update your contact details.
ds.grg wrote:Even if I had to withdraw my passport back, will my visa be extended as it ends in the mid of December 2012,which is the time we might be returning back to U.K.
No.
ds.grg wrote:With these reasons, is there any chances of speeding up the process for the application?
I don't think so. That said, you may wish to contact your local MP to request for his help in expediting the matter, given the circumstances regarding your relative back home.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ds.grg
Newly Registered

thank you

Post by ds.grg » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 am

thank u for ur response.i have emailed them about it and have got a response that they have emailed the ilr office.i hope it goes well.thank you again