ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tips for finding sponsored jobs in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluesunday
Newly Registered

Tips for finding sponsored jobs in UK

Post by bluesunday » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi ~ Im an australian who has been having a career break with a period of extended travel in europe and have decided to try and find work in the UK or europe. I realise its a huge challenge with the visa situation but am keen to know just how hard its going to be or whether its at all even possible.

I can only qualify for Tier 2 general visa via a sponsored job. I understand that once you get a Certificate of Sponsorship you have to fulfil a points system with minimum of 50 points.

Would really appreciate advice tips or any info on how to find employers willing to sponser. Are there good recruitment agencies to use? Best websites for job searching? Are there still opportunities even if you dont fit the occupations on the Shortage of Occupations list? What has been peoples experience applying for the visa even once they have a CoS?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
Last edited by bluesunday on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKCTS007
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Sponsorship

Post by UKCTS007 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi,

It is possible but as you have guessed, gaining Tier 2 sponsorship is not a walk in the park. A lot of companies do not hold a Tier 2 License and those who, often are reluctant to got through the sponsorship process.

Can I ask what your area of expertise / skill-set is?

Thanks

James

bluesunday
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Sponsorship

Post by bluesunday » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 pm

UKCTS007 wrote:Hi,

It is possible but as you have guessed, gaining Tier 2 sponsorship is not a walk in the park. A lot of companies do not hold a Tier 2 License and those who, often are reluctant to got through the sponsorship process.

Can I ask what your area of expertise / skill-set is?

Thanks

James

thanks for your response James...