ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is TWES right for me?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uniuni
Newly Registered

Is TWES right for me?

Post by uniuni » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:07 pm

:oops:

Hi I need somebody's help!
I finished my PGCE (teacher training course) and I'll be a qualified teacher in August. I recently got a teaching job in London and am starting work in September. My current leave to remain (student visa) expires at the end of July.

My employer has applied for TWES though I'll have been fully qualified as a teacher before I start to work in Sep. The school actually have four foreign teachers working with TWES.

Here are my questions:

1, Is TWES a right workpermit for me? (because I'm not a trainee or additional staff in the school)
2, If not, is it possible to cancel TWES? (the school has already applied for TWES) or transfer my TWES to a normal workpermit before the TWES expires? (Is there any way to change TWES into a normal one?)
3, Would the period of TWES will be counted when I want to apply for ILR in the future?

Thank you in advance for yourhelp!

uniuni
Newly Registered

still need advice...

Post by uniuni » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:14 am

Hi members.

I found some answers to my own question No.2 on this site after I posted my previous message.
I hope it would be a good reference for those who have the same question.

[quote]

Changes to the United Kingdom work permit criteria – Business and Commercial
16 September 2000

As from 1st October 2000, a number of significant changes to the current scheme will, take place.

8. TWES ‘switches’
It may now be possible for candidate’s on TWES permit’s to apply for full work permits, even with the same employer

[/quote]

I hope this information is still valid.

About my question 2...It seems impossible to withdraw the application and apply for a full workpermit now, because I haven't got enough time (my student visa expires soon.) So I'll get TWES permit anyway and request my employer to apply for a full workpermit next year.

No3...I referred to other topics on this board. It seems that I'll have to work four years on a full workpermit.

So I think I found the answers...
BUT I still want to clarify some points. So could anyone kindly help me???

1, Can my employer apply for a full work permit BEFORE my TWES expires? (or do I really have to stay out of the country for 12months???)
2, Can my employer use a normal 'buisiness and commercial' application form for a switch to a normal permit or is there any other form for a switch?
3, I believe that I am already qualified for a full workpermit (because I'll get a teaching licence in August, before I start to work) but my school applied for TWES. I still think it's not right... Would there be any problem if I receive normal salary and work as a normal member of staff with a training permit?

I would appreciate any advice. My employer (state school) does not much about it...I seriously think I should consult with a solicitor but not sure if it's appropriate.

Sorry for this long message.
Thank you so much in advance!!!

Uniuni

SAL
Newly Registered

Post by SAL » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:32 pm

HI
TWES CANNOT BE SWITCHED UNLESS EXTREME EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES. BUT NOW THAT U HAVE GOT IT , BEST OF LUK