ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Education / English Test and Applying for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Education / English Test and Applying for Tier 2

Post by greegiecee » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to apply for my tier 2. I have everything in place, COS, supporting docs, the works! But there is now a snag. The place I studied and used as my justification for fulfilling the English Language requirement when I applied for my PSW visa have taken themselves off the list with the UKBA. They were still on the list and recognised when I studied (hence I got my PSW). Will this have an impact on my application? Also, HND in Scotland used to be accepted but now I only really see English institutions on the list, have the acceptance of HND's also changed now?

thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Education / English Test and Applying for Tier 2

Post by makky86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm

greegiecee wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to apply for my tier 2. I have everything in place, COS, supporting docs, the works! But there is now a snag. The place I studied and used as my justification for fulfilling the English Language requirement when I applied for my PSW visa have taken themselves off the list with the UKBA. They were still on the list and recognised when I studied (hence I got my PSW). Will this have an impact on my application? Also, HND in Scotland used to be accepted but now I only really see English institutions on the list, have the acceptance of HND's also changed now?

thanks
First of all if you are switching from PSW to Tier 2 you don't need to prove yoru English competency.

Second if you want then you just have to show that you have a degree which was taught in English regardless of country.

You could show degree from Nigerian Universities where the medium of learning was english. So just relax and chill bro :)

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Post by greegiecee » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm

thanks, there is a question about that but presumed I just select the option that I have previously submitted evidence. Thank for the heads up on using my Nigerian one :wink: I'd better go print it off quickly :lol: My qualifications were all earned here though so I should be ok :D

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 pm

greegiecee wrote:thanks, there is a question about that but presumed I just select the option that I have previously submitted evidence. Thank for the heads up on using my Nigerian one :wink: I'd better go print it off quickly :lol: My qualifications were all earned here though so I should be ok :D
Yup you're good to go.

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Post by greegiecee » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Right, things seem to have changed. As from 1 October a Scottish HND does not seem to be accepted as proof of meeting the English Language requirement. They want everyone to do a stupid £125 test (sounds like another money making project). You have to get 10 points for English or your application will automatically be declined even if you have previously been on both tier 4 and tier 1 visas as I have. Just a few weeks ago an HND was perfectly acceptable but now it's not. Please bear this in mind if you are making a switch.
Also, don't under any circumstances call the 0870 ...7766 number, they can't actually give you any guidance (still trying to get my head around the point of that number if its not to help people).
Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know :wink: