ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenahip..urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

makoon
Newly Registered

citizenahip..urgent

Post by makoon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Iam filling FORM AN for naturalisation in section 2, question 2.1 asking the date and the place of first arrival in UK. It sounds straightforward question. I would answer it 17/08/1995. but in The Guide asking the date you arrive with the view to staying on along-term basis.
My first arrival is for studying, and I used to spend school holiday away till 2006 when I applied for ILR and got married to british citizen in may 2009 and granted ILR in October 2009. Iam applying for citizenship on the basis of marriage...I satisfy all the requirement just not sure what date to write for question 2.1

best Regards

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: citizenahip..urgent

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:49 pm

It doesn't matter if you have been away for holidays regularly (as long as it does not collide with the absences from the UK requirement). Nor does it make a difference on which grounds you apply for BC. As you assumed, you simply state when you started to live in the UK. If your first arrival was for studying, it stands to reason that this was indeed the start of a long-term stay - one does not complete studies over a weekend. I would definitely use that date.

makoon
Newly Registered

Re: citizenahip..urgent

Post by makoon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:It doesn't matter if you have been away for holidays regularly (as long as it does not collide with the absences from the UK requirement). Nor does it make a difference on which grounds you apply for BC. As you assumed, you simply state when you started to live in the UK. If your first arrival was for studying, it stands to reason that this was indeed the start of a long-term stay - one does not complete studies over a weekend. I would definitely use that date.
Thanks for the quick and logic reply...really appreciated

makoon
Newly Registered

filling the form

Post by makoon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 am

Thank sushdmehta

I searched around the forum for around 2 days just to avoid repeating the question but no luck.

1.17 provide address for the last five years.

no mention of the 3 years in you married to BC....BUT it is mentioned in the GUIDE..
I lived here since 1995 most of it as student but i got married three years ago..(08/05/2009)...Granted ILR on 10/2009 after 3 years from applying for it..
I want to apply on the basis of marriage...how far can i go back to write my address.... (3 yrs or 5)

also had two addrss in the last 4 years...the currentis one of them....

in filling this section, do i write both of them and what to write in the (to) date for the current one

regars

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: filling the form

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:49 pm

makoon wrote:I want to apply on the basis of marriage...how far can i go back to write my address.... (3 yrs or 5)
Three.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!