ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

st_notes
Newly Registered

ILR approved

Post by st_notes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks everyone, especially the senior member and the administrator of the forum. I've just got my ILR approved this morning in Croydon office on the premium service. FYI, I am here to share the experience.

My case:

HSMP (2 years)+ Tier1(general) 3 years
Entered UK on HSMP 83 days later than the stamp date

I booked the appointment exactly 42 days before and luckily got one shortly after midnight.

My appointment is 9:20. I went there 8:45, through security and there were a few window on the ground floor check your applications. They asked you for passport, appointment letter, your application form. Then checked it's valid, stamped your application form, you got a number go to first floor.

Pay the fee, then in the waiting lounge. Not many people there today. The clerks at each window call their number individuals, I had trouble to hear which window I suppose to go, when I heard my number. There is actually a customer service window, I later found out, (I think it's window 18 or sth) There're 28 windows on first floor. Counter 1-5 seems to be the biometric window, 6-15(don't know exactly the cut off here, I went window 8) are for register of your application. 20-28 seems the windows for hand in your document to the case workers. My number was called immediately after I entered the lounge. Because there's no screen showing which number goes to which window, I had to ask one of the empty window what window number they called. But the man I asked, didn't happen to know. He asked around and come back says I have to wait. Then after a while, my number was called again. Then I heard it's window 8. The lady took my passports, application form, photos, pay receipts and appointment letter. She said it would take 5 minutes for her to register me onto the system. After 5 minutes, then she said I now can go back to wait my number to be called for the biometric register. Then went to counter 5, shortly to get my finger print and photo taken. Sign a form declare I never had my figure print taken before and another question, which I can't remember, sth like I am current on a valid visa. then sign the form.
She scanned my passport and the form. Then back to lounge again.
After a while, called to window28, the case worker asked for passport, application and all documents. (She didn't ask documents individually, just said everything you want to submit, including photocopies) Then she simply took it and disappeared. I was a bit surprised, she just said your number will be called again when it's ready, but didn't say anything else. Didn't ask me a single question.
After a while, I was called again. Again, I couldn't hear which counter I should go to. I just went for the customer service counter and it happened to be the right counter and she said it's fine. I got ILR. Your Biometric card will be sent within 10 working days. The glass at the window is so thick I couldn't hear her properly.
It was 10.10am everything was done. Nothing changed on passport, I got three pages of paper saying your ILR is approved, wait for the biometric, but the paper itself can't be a proof of ILR approval...etc
I felt it was so quick and relevantly smooth, but a bit worried whether I missed something. Then I got back to check with the customer service window again, whether that's it. She said yes.

Evidence I submitted:
Two passport. (one is on student visa, which is irrelevant to this application)
13 months payslip, because my salary calculation is on 12 months and then I got my latest payslip and put it in as well.
13 months bank statement (double evidence of the payslip)
4 P60 (2009 - 2012, don't have one for 2008, as I entered January that year, by April, I just started my first job here)
Two employer letters of period of employment and salary paid (Because I worked for two companies during the past years)
Degree certificate
Life in UK
4 other bank statement of over 1k balance for past 4 months(in case they ask for financial proof)
1 sheet of holiday calculation corresponding to passport stamp pages
letter of HSMP approval
letter of tier1 approval

Points that might help you:
1. For people who entered UK later than the HSMP stamp date, on the form they asked when you enter, I filled the first date I entered UK. If calculated by that date, it is almost 4 months short of continuous 5 years staying in UK. (Because I entered uk just a few days short of the 3 months eligible period, and you apply within 28 days before the current visa expire)
2. Saw someone asked whether should tick the box, staying continuously for 5 years by the time of application. I tick yes, although in reality I am short of 5 years, but in the faith of the application category of 5 years working in UK, yes, I am eligible.

Good luck everyone!
(Note: I saw several people come with their agents. Wondering whether that's where the majority of the same day appointment goes)

somemightsay

ILR approved

Post by somemightsay » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi, st_notes. How many absences did you have? Did you have any missing entry / exit stamps in your passport? If so, did you bring any backup to validate the entry / exit dates that you listed on your application form?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Congratulation st_notes. Did your employers letters were covering last five years periods.

p2kin

Re: ILR approved

Post by p2kin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:24 am

st_notes wrote: Pay the fee,
Congrats to you....!!!
Can you please tell me did you pay fee by card? If so, which bank issued it? any problem with transaction etc?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:12 am

Hi st_notes: Did you list your qualification on B1 on page 22 under section 9B (Qualification assesment)
Thanks