ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

18,600 spouse wage rule DROPPED?!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

relevated
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

18,600 spouse wage rule DROPPED?!

Post by relevated » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Is this 100% true? Everyone I know is saying it has been dropped, I contacted someone in Pakistan and they also say it has been dropped because they had contacted solicitors and agency people over there, they also say its dropped.

Is this true? or is it just being challenged?

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:19 pm

I heard something about a legal challenge on October 16, it will probably be a long road until this is overturned though.

nipper88

Post by nipper88 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:04 am

I bloody well hope so because due to this stupid rule we JUST cannot meet the financial requirements and will be refused despite both being educated additions to the workforce.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:00 am

nipper88 wrote:I bloody well hope so because due to this stupid rule we JUST cannot meet the financial requirements and will be refused despite both being educated additions to the workforce.
This is because the rule isn't designed with the interests of society in mind in any way, it's purely to get numbers down so the Tories can meet their patently non-viable elected pledge to reduce immigration to 'tens of thousands'. Why else would ridiculous, logic-defying things like savings and earnings not having equivalence be included in the revisions? The reason the new rules don't make sense is because they aren't supposed to, they are a cynical and self-serving act by the Tory government.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:51 am

There's been no change.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 pm

nipper88 wrote:I bloody well hope so because due to this stupid rule we JUST cannot meet the financial requirements and will be refused despite both being educated additions to the workforce.

I dont agree with you. I think its a very fair rule. In fact if it was me, i would have increased the limit even more. I am a Pakistani my self who came to study in this country 11 years ago and qualified as a Chartered Accountant. I am on a good salary but only after a big struggle and doing all the hard work.

I am fed by these Pakistani's who cant even speak english properly (Wha Wha Inn't Inn't) and wana come here in the UK or are present in the UK holding british passports with no education or qualifications what so ever.[/quote]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Casa wrote:There's been no change.
That's the answer to the subject of the topic.

Topic closed.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!