ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

the 18,600 limit - can the spouse's income ever be counted?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

st pauli

the 18,600 limit - can the spouse's income ever be counted?

Post by st pauli » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 pm

I mean obviously I know it does not count for the fiancee visa (it wouldn't be a UK income anyway) and I think also not for the spouse visa, but what about when applying for FLR, or AFTER a spouse visa is granted - is it combined income that counts after that point, or is it still a case that the settled person's solo income must not ever drop below £18,600?

I suppose what I'm asking is does the settled person/citizen have to remain earning at least £18,600 all the way until their spouse gets granted indefinite leave to remain? Or is there a point where 'household income' between both partners becomes the measure instead...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 pm

As long as the migrant spouse is in the with permission to work his or her income can be included.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:29 am

Has anyone got an answer as to whether you can apply with two jobs under Category A (six months with the same employer) yet?