ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship License Saga

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SimiP

Sponsorship License Saga

Post by SimiP » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi All,

I have been keeping a close on the forums.

My company applied for license in 1st week of august and have just recieved a reply today saying that they are still processing April applications. My visa is due to expire in dec. Could anyone please help on some alternatives that could help me in this situation.
Cheers!!
Simi

Mancala Hour

Post by Mancala Hour » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:40 pm

There's a whole thread about how to buy time here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=112044

Did they say what dates in April they were working on, by the way?

SimiP

Sponsorship License Saga

Post by SimiP » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Nopes, they did not mention any specific date. I have been to the thread mentioned. But I am worried, if they are still processing april applications, it will take nearly 6 months to get my liecnse that means it will be Jan-feb and we are only allowed 28 days overstay.

Is there any way of getting this done early. My company has already requested them to treat this as urgent.
Cheers!!
Simi

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsorship License Saga

Post by makky86 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 pm

SimiP wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Nopes, they did not mention any specific date. I have been to the thread mentioned. But I am worried, if they are still processing april applications, it will take nearly 6 months to get my liecnse that means it will be Jan-feb and we are only allowed 28 days overstay.

Is there any way of getting this done early. My company has already requested them to treat this as urgent.
Its unbelievable and shame that they are processing applications from April 2012.

Wtf and why. To be honest this is on purpose . We all need to raise petition or write a letter to PM at least about this lovely situation.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey i know this whole sponsor license issue can be very stressful. Infact i am in the very same situation and my current visa expires on the 27th october.
My company sent the application on the 26th of June and we heard back yesterday saying they are processing and need more documents as one of the documents we sent was not valid.

So here is my advice. Relax. They are getting a large number of these requests more than they can handle, and only looking at cases that is super urgent. My visa is expiring in 2 weeks (10 working days) so this counts as urgent. so wait till it's only 10 working days till your visa expires (or a bit before that. I know it's nerve wrecking to wait till the last minute!) and send them an email. I think there is an email address on the forums here that you should send to check for sponsor progress. And they WILL get back :)

So relax. :)

Mancala Hour

Post by Mancala Hour » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Except that I've seen a number of people on here who have applied for urgent treatment and have heard nothing back....

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 pm

SimiP, when the UKBA provided a response did they say what week of april application they are working on? It's been stuck on the first week of April for the past two months.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Mancala Hour wrote:Except that I've seen a number of people on here who have applied for urgent treatment and have heard nothing back....
Yes, but here's the thing. Most who have made urgent requests have weeks and perhaps months before their current visa expires. They explicitly say that they will only consider if its only 10 working days left till expiry. Also it will help if the company can make a really strong case in their email to say thy thy absolutely need you else the company will be in a huge loss etc. also will be super helpful if you be nice as well - which was probably why they got back to us as soon as we sent an urgent request.

shahemaan
United Arab Emirates

Post by shahemaan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 am

Hi,
I am in same boat like you .. My Employer applied for licence in mid of July and my visa is getting expire in mid of December. Employer sent an inquiry and they replied that they were dealing the applications submitting on or before 1st week of April. Employer sent a complain about this delayed they said they would respond in 20 working days . So much worry whats gonna happpen

SimiP

Sponsorship License Saga

Post by SimiP » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:44 am

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions!!!! I much appreciate your replies and pouring in your suggestions!!!

Yup, they are still processing applications in April. Last month too it was similar response. So, I am a bit concerned. If its taking two months to process applications, how long will it take to process the latter ones.

Also, if anybody has applied for visa without CoS and Sponsor licence number, could you all provide some information. If so, doesnt the application gets rejected after the last bio-metric appointment and still we havent heard anything from them??
Cheers!!
Simi

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:32 pm

shahemaan wrote:Hi,
I am in same boat like you .. My Employer applied for licence in mid of July and my visa is getting expire in mid of December. Employer sent an inquiry and they replied that they were dealing the applications submitting on or before 1st week of April. Employer sent a complain about this delayed they said they would respond in 20 working days . So much worry whats gonna happpen
End of november or early december email them. Yes, they may be processing applications from first week of april, but mine was submitted end of June, and they are processing it now as it's only 10 working days left till my current visa expires. I know exactly how you feel, as if i don't get this all sorted in 2 weeks i have to fly home :( but hold tight, and enjoy your time here while you can. Worry is just wasted energy, and you have done everything you can. :)

SimiP

Sponsorship License Saga

Post by SimiP » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 am

Hi All,

Did anyone get the licence when you requested them to treat as urgent???
Please update...whats the maximum timeframe they take to issue licence when requested as urgent???

Besides, after licence issued how about CoS???
Cheers!!
Simi

SimiP

Sponsorship License Saga

Post by SimiP » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 am

Hi All,

A quick update.. Finally, received again a mail from UKBA regarding the progress made..They are still processing applications received on 4th April.

After sometime, we all need to request the applications as urgent since most of us will be having visa expiring and again there will be delays for urgent ones too!!!!!!!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 pm

SimiP wrote:Hi All,

A quick update.. Finally, received again a mail from UKBA regarding the progress made..They are still processing applications received on 4th April.

After sometime, we all need to request the applications as urgent since most of us will be having visa expiring and again there will be delays for urgent ones too!!!!!!!!!
I dont understand why the in the name of god they are stuck with April month.

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
SimiP wrote:Hi All,

I dont understand why the in the name of god they are stuck with April month.
It's crazy to me that they're still stuck on April 4 applications. It's been over a month with no traction on this date. My feeling is that they just give this date to prevent people from trying to contact them.

hello world
Newly Registered

Post by hello world » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 pm

I donno what's taking them so long to process applications. It's really weird and tense. I just hope that be December they process all the applications made this year :D

hello world
Newly Registered

Post by hello world » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Is there anyway you make an application without CoS and provide them as soon as your company gets it? Please keep updated about your case.
Thanks.
hashmil wrote:
shahemaan wrote:Hi,
End of november or early december email them. Yes, they may be processing applications from first week of april, but mine was submitted end of June, and they are processing it now as it's only 10 working days left till my current visa expires. I know exactly how you feel, as if i don't get this all sorted in 2 weeks i have to fly home :( but hold tight, and enjoy your time here while you can. Worry is just wasted energy, and you have done everything you can. :)

SimiP

Sponsorship License Saga

Post by SimiP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 am

Hi,

Will surely keep on updating.
There's an thread on http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=112044 which will be helpful, if in any case, we dont receive CoS on time.

Hope so they hurry up with the procedures!!! All the best!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

SimiP

Sponsorhip Licence Saga

Post by SimiP » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi All,

Any updates?? Does anyone has idea which month applications are being processed by UKBA?? Is it still April??

As days are running, I am getting worried. Soon am gonna be in same situation like others on this forum....Is it worth to get some update from UKBA now on my company's application or shall i wait till last 10 days of my visa expiring??
Cheers!!
Simi

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:59 pm

I am in a strange position. I handed in my notice and left my jb at the end of August. On my BRP it says expiry Aug 2014, so it is not expiring just yet.

My future employer has been waiting sine May for their sponsorship. They have readvertised my job twice but cannot find other Physics teachers with suitable qualifications! Any advice?? Should I apply now and update CoS info later? I have not been issued with a curtailment notice....

Physics Rules

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:24 pm

The UKBA has been pushing out licenses the past two days. 19 on the 29th and 26 on the 30th. Hopefully this is a indicator that more resources have been assigned and we'll hear back soon on our applications.

AKillian
Newly Registered

Waiting on Tier 5 Employer Sponsorship Licence UK

Post by AKillian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

Any advice or input is appreciated. My husband and I live in the US and in July my husband was offered a research fellowship at a University outside of London. We were told that the University had everything in order and that we should give notice at our jobs, book flights, and put all our possessions into storage, and the University would handle our Tier 2 visa applications.

Then mid August (When his start date was the first week in September) the University's legal department told us that we needed to come to the UK on a Tier 5 visa and that we would have to wait until the University Sponsorship license was approved. We were also told this would take 4-8 weeks max. The University applied for Sponsorship License for Tier 5 on August 28th and we have not heard from the UKBA since. The school followed up on the application and apparently nothing is missing, which is a good sign. The issue now is that we are stuck in the US, all our belongings are in storage, we are paying on a flat in London AND an apartment in the US, AND my husband lost his job here in the US as a result of giving notice about the move. Now I am reading that Sponsorship applications are taking 4-6 months to be approved. Is everyone experiencing the same thing?

Is there anything that can be done about expediting the application for Sponsorship? If we can not arrive for work in London by February 2013 (which would be the 6 month mark from the date of sponsorship application), then the fellowship funds will be withdrawn and the position will no longer exist. Which would be devastating. Any ideas or advice??????

How can the UKBA be so backlogged when their site says sponsorship applications take about 4 weeks to process, and that is CLEARLY not the case?

WaitingontheUKBA

Re: Waiting on Tier 5 Employer Sponsorship Licence UK

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 pm

AKillian wrote:Hi Everyone,

Any advice or input is appreciated. My husband and I live in the US and in July my husband was offered a research fellowship at a University outside of London. We were told that the University had everything in order and that we should give notice at our jobs, book flights, and put all our possessions into storage, and the University would handle our Tier 2 visa applications.

Then mid August (When his start date was the first week in September) the University's legal department told us that we needed to come to the UK on a Tier 5 visa and that we would have to wait until the University Sponsorship license was approved. We were also told this would take 4-8 weeks max. The University applied for Sponsorship License for Tier 5 on August 28th and we have not heard from the UKBA since. The school followed up on the application and apparently nothing is missing, which is a good sign. The issue now is that we are stuck in the US, all our belongings are in storage, we are paying on a flat in London AND an apartment in the US, AND my husband lost his job here in the US as a result of giving notice about the move. Now I am reading that Sponsorship applications are taking 4-6 months to be approved. Is everyone experiencing the same thing?

Is there anything that can be done about expediting the application for Sponsorship? If we can not arrive for work in London by February 2013 (which would be the 6 month mark from the date of sponsorship application), then the fellowship funds will be withdrawn and the position will no longer exist. Which would be devastating. Any ideas or advice??????

How can the UKBA be so backlogged when their site says sponsorship applications take about 4 weeks to process, and that is CLEARLY not the case?
Hi Akillian. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the UKBA. I'm also from the US as well. My company applied back in Mid-May and I have yet to hear anything. In some cases people have been able to contact the UKBA and get their case to be treated as urgent. However it appears that this is limited to individuals who have expiring visas. It is possible you have the University contact the UKBA and explain the situation and they might give it consideration. It's always worth a shot.

I'm also surprised that the University told you to do those things when they have yet to secure a sponsorship license. They are also partially to blame for your situation. In any case let pray that the UKBA gets their act together.

AKillian
Newly Registered

Just Waiting...

Post by AKillian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Thank you for the reply. Yes unfortunately we are just stuck waiting. I hope you hear something soon as well, you certainly have been waiting for a long time. This is so frustrating! We asked the University if they would ask for urgent consideration from the UKBA but since we have a few months until the February due date, they declined. Maybe come January they will ask for the consideration but I agree, that seems to only be granted on rare occasion and when someone has a visa expiration.

SimiP

Sponsorhip Licence Saga

Post by SimiP » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 am

Hi Guys,

Do we need to provide a proof of salary for 3 months. If so, could you please point me to the link/document stating this.

I need to provide this to my employer. Please reply asap!!! Thanks!
Cheers!!
Simi