ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA/HRMC

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brian78

UKBA/HRMC

Post by brian78 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:50 pm

what about the weather?
Last edited by brian78 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:57 pm

if the income is not declared so no tax paid so they don't have any records for it. so there will be a gap in tax periods records in HMRC, obviously.

i think they can get info off HMRC if they want.

brian78

query

Post by brian78 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:01 pm

I need to know
Last edited by brian78 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

p2kin

Re: UKBA/HRMC

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:11 pm

brian78 wrote: will anybody know whether UKBA is linked to HMRC.
Yes, they are linked...
brian78 wrote: let's say if somebody has not declared any income or is being paid cash in hand for a certain period, will UKBA know that there has been a gap in the NI or tax deductions
let's say for following explanation that somebody is you... then the only chance HMRC will come to know is being either informed by YOU or the person who paid cash to you.. and to prove it, there has to be some documentary evidence..

However, if HMRC knows about these cash transactions and if you owe them tax, they'll will find you from anywhere to get their tax with penalty.. having said that for UKBA to reject your application on above ground need solid proof against you...

I've used word "YOU" just as an example to simplify explanation... word you referred to "somebody" in your original post.
Last edited by p2kin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: query

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:11 pm

brian78 wrote:if you are applying for ILR, do you think they will check the tax history, or unless they smell something fishy, then they will go through the HMRC.
i wonder what they check on the computer when you apply for ILR?

have you got something to hide ???

If you are thinking of forging anything then I would say "DON'T" as the consequences can be very daunting.

p2kin

Re: query

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:15 pm

brian78 wrote:if you are applying for ILR, do you think they will check the tax history, or unless they smell something fishy, then they will go through the HMRC.
i wonder what they check on the computer when you apply for ILR?
Yes, they always check your history before granting application.. they have system where they can simply look through your record held by HMRC (may not be entire record.. but bits they are interested in..) if they see something they they'll tell you that application needs more information & will differ it... it may not be resulted sameday...

brian78

info

Post by brian78 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:43 pm

thank you