ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitinkumar
Newly Registered

Indian Visa

Post by nitinkumar » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I received my british passport today. I am sending the Indian passport for surrender tomorrow by post. Can I apply for Indian visa before the surrender certificate comes through. Is the surrender certificate needed for Indian Visa?

Also if I apply for the long term Indian Visa does it have a clause of no entry again for a minimum of 2 months as with tourist visas?

welcome321
Newly Registered

Post by welcome321 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:55 am

You need to get the surrender certificate first and then apply for Visa. The restriction is only for Tourist Visa not on long term visa

disdil4u

Post by disdil4u » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Are you sure that restriction is only for tourist visa not on long term visa?

I have submitted my son application for surrender of indian passport on 24th Sep 2012 and till date I have not received any update.
We need to travel urgently to india and VFS does not accept visa application until i receive surrender certificate. The guy told me that if I have applied for surrender of passport and visa together then they would accept it but I did not know that until today ( I went personally to check ).

Do anyone know that how can contact consulate to speed up process as it has been 3 week complete and no progress. Its Edinburgh VFS and Edinburgh Consulate.
Normally I have seen average processing time is about 1 week.
Not sure what to do?

Any help/advice really helpful.

Thank You.
welcome321 wrote:You need to get the surrender certificate first and then apply for Visa. The restriction is only for Tourist Visa not on long term visa

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Normal turn time for surrender is one week and visa is a few days , if done in person from London. I guess from Edinburgh it takes more time as everything is done in London.
They stopped taking applications for both together last year, so I dont think it would have gone through. Your best bet is once you get the pp back to apply in person for teh visa at London.

All the best.

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Indian Visa

Post by samkma » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 pm

nitinkumar wrote:I received my british passport today. I am sending the Indian passport for surrender tomorrow by post. Can I apply for Indian visa before the surrender certificate comes through. Is the surrender certificate needed for Indian Visa?

Also if I apply for the long term Indian Visa does it have a clause of no entry again for a minimum of 2 months as with tourist visas?
This restriction has been removed.
Re-entry into India within the 2 month restriction for tourist visas
This is for information that restriction of TWO months gap between two visits has been removed by the Government of India from 4th Dec 2012.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho