ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment methods for Cardiff and Croydon

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pal2786
Newly Registered

Payment methods for Cardiff and Croydon

Post by pal2786 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi. I'm new here. I've booked my set(o) appointment on this Monday 15th for Cardiff. But I got some problems with my bank card and for that bank has blocked my card. They send me new card yesterday but ill receive that n 3-4 days. So not before Monday. :( I've also booked another appointment for Croydon on Wednesday but my wife also has to apply for her flr(m) after me. I've India icici bank's visa international card. Can I use that card to make my visa payment? Any suggestion for this situation.?

Thanks.... Please kindly reply as soon as possible.

hpat

Post by hpat » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:53 pm

You don't need card to process payment in Cardiff PEo.
They will take information of your card from the application form.
So don't worry if you don't have card with you. They didn't look my card at all.
Not sure about Croydon PEO.

p2kin

Re: Set(o) urgent - payment methods for Cardiff and Croydon

Post by p2kin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 pm

pal2786 wrote:Hi. I'm new here. I've booked my set(o) appointment on this Monday 15th for Cardiff. But I got some problems with my bank card and for that bank has blocked my card. They send me new card yesterday but ill receive that n 3-4 days. So not before Monday. :( I've also booked another appointment for Croydon on Wednesday but my wife also has to apply for her flr(m) after me. I've India icici bank's visa international card. Can I use that card to make my visa payment? Any suggestion for this situation.?

Thanks.... Please kindly reply as soon as possible.
Sorry to hear that mate.... but to be honest with you.. I doubt ICICI India a/c card would work as they too will have limit & considering exchange rate, payment will be in lacs.. bank might think it's a fraud & may reject it... your another bet would be contact one of your friend who can visit with you at cardiff & pay on your behalf... with his name & card details...

If I'd know you, I'd have done that for you with just a payment back guarantee.. but this is at cardiff.. it's too far for me to come down....

if you want to have word.. pm me...

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Following is the information from UKBA website. You can go to Croydon where you have an option to pay by postal order. I guess you can not pay by draft because most banks take the order on phone and post the draft at home. Please note you will have to cancel your Cardiff appointment today as you can't cancel if its less than two days before the appointment date.

Payment options at Cardiff

If you want to pay for your application on the day of your appointment, you must pay by credit or debit card.

Alternatively, you can pay by post at least 6 working days before your appointment using a banker's draft, postal order, or credit or debit card. To make your payment, you should complete the relevant payment form(s) for your application(s), and send the form(s) with your payment to the address shown on each form. You can download the payment forms from the How much does it cost? page. Do not include your application form and supporting documents - you must bring these to your appointment.

Payment options at Croydon

The office accepts payment by credit or debit card, banker's draft or postal order.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:32 pm

hpat wrote:You don't need card to process payment in Cardiff PEo.
So don't worry if you don't have card with you. They didn't look my card at all.
You are providing wrong information if the bank has blocked the card then it will not work as the details on the form are from the card

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:44 pm

hpat wrote:You don't need card to process payment in Cardiff PEo.

Thanks for yr reply. But if my account is blocked for few days, when ill get my confirmation that I've got ILR?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:23 pm

pal2786 wrote:Thanks for yr reply. But if my account is blocked for few days, when ill get my confirmation that I've got ILR?
Only after a decision on the application has been made!!

If you won't have the (new) card details or the (new) card by the appointment date, how do you intend to fill up the payment page with the necessary card details or present the card (if needed)?

If Cardiff PEO does not use POS machines or do not process the payment on the day of the appointment then using the ICICI international card is risky - because no bank will hold your instructions (to allow a high value transaction) in their system for more than 24 hours. Also, as mentioned above, using a foreign card will mean that you end up paying more for forex charges and commissions by the card issuer.

Requesting a friend to help is an option, as already hinted.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Few questions,
Postal order is too costly. £12.50 for the amount of £250
Is there a cheaper alternative?

Would the bank issue the draft on same day? In person?

I spoke to UKBA about using other person's card they said the person must be present there. But would Cardiff PEO allow other person to accompany inside the building it's upto them to decide. Which is very uncertain.

Please advice...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:06 pm

The cheapest option is using a card issued in UK.
Both postal orders and bank drafts will cost you extra, so will using a foreign credit / debit card.

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:46 pm

imran22 wrote: Please note you will have to cancel your Cardiff appointment today as you can't cancel if its less than two days before the appointment date.
What do you mean by this?
Do I have to cancel the Cardiff's appointment (15.10.2012) else the appointment for Croydon (17.10.2012) will not be valid?
I'm confused.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 pm

pal2786 wrote:Do I have to cancel the Cardiff's appointment (15.10.2012) else the appointment for Croydon (17.10.2012) will not be valid?
No.

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:29 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
pal2786 wrote:Do I have to cancel the Cardiff's appointment (15.10.2012) else the appointment for Croydon (17.10.2012) will not be valid?
No.
Please elobarate.
Do I have to cancel the appointment or not?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:02 pm

If you wish to cancel the Cardiff appointment you may. Or you may just do nothing about it and attend the Croydon appointment. Your choice.

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks
I've spoken to my bank they will issue Banker's Draft on same day.
So the big question is;
Can I pay using Banker's draft for Premium service(in person) in Croydon? And would it be processed by same day? I mean would I get the result/letter the same day??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:58 pm

What does a bank draft have to do with the assessment of your application? You will get a result on the same day only if your application is approved on the same day!!

Bank draft(s) mean(s) guaranteed payment, just as postal order(s). So there will be no payment delays - if that is what is worrying you!!

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:26 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Bank draft(s) mean(s) guaranteed payment, just as postal order(s). So there will be no payment delays - if that is what is worrying you!!
Exactly...
thanks.

What is your advice? Shall I try going to Cardiff or just goto Croydon PEO with Banker's Draft??
Last edited by pal2786 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Which of the following is easier for you - commuting to Cardiff PEO or commuting to Croydon PEO?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:16 am

Hi sushdmehta, If I not cancel and not attend any appointment is there any impact. Can ukba track back or will try to do that.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 am

arifahmmed wrote:Hi sushdmehta, If I not cancel and not attend any appointment is there any impact. Can ukba track back or will try to do that.
If you are not planning to attend first appointment, please cancel it calling UKBA (i.e. by phone..).. You get an email but it doesn't list on your account, that happens when there is a timeout while booking your appointment. Appointment is still valid & you can get that confirm again calling UKBA. Ref number is important...

Don't worry about having multiple appointment, they need ref number to track down.. in-fact if you are cancelling one of two appointment, then you are doing right thing.. why would that be a problem..

please consider others who struggle to death to get just a single chance (one appointment), you might save someone's stress by cancelling your unwanted appointment to which you'll not attend.

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 am

I went to Cardiff...Success!
Got the ILR approved...I'm going to cancel Croydon's appointment (if possible) so others can use..
Thanks for your help!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Congratulations pal2786. Did you able to cancell Croydon (17.10.2012) appointment.