ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sick leave on Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barbie1

Sick leave on Tier 2

Post by barbie1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:15 pm

I have just had our HR assistant handing me over a form to fill in with any absences from work I may have made over the past 2 years and any annual leave I have taken. The latter has been as per our entitlement. As for sick leave I have had altogether 6 days in over 2 years time that I have been here and they do have these recorded elsewhere anyway. I understand this is for audit purposes but I still did not like that this was a special form to be filled by Tier2 holders only and noone else at work got one of these. I come into work sick all the time as I feel pressured into doing so by my department and this strange guilt feeling that I cannot control and as there aren't many tier2 or any visa holders around me, I feel a bit left out as everyone takes as much time off as they like and even go over the top doing so. Is there any particular reason why the Home Office needs to have a record of the sick leave taken and how does this affect any future visa/ residency applications?

Thanks folks!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Tier 2 sponsors have two kinds of duties:

a) record keeping duties and
b) reporting duties

Under record keeping duties they have to keep a record of migrants' absences. See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The reporting duties are in the T2 sponsor guidance and they include, inter alia, 10 days or more absence without permission. See para 555 onwards:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Your sick leaves, assuming you notified the company at the start, have absolutely no bearing on visa or residence issues. HR were just compiling records of migrants' absences which they are expected to produce if there is an inspection visit by UKBA.