ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for England for my Moroccan Husband

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

natalielove
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa for England for my Moroccan Husband

Post by natalielove » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello, I am an uk citizen who is about to apply for a spouse visa for my moroccan husband.
He is living in morocco and I live in the uk.
Please can someone help me with what i need to do, i am finding this all so tough.
Thank you for any help

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:28 pm

natalielove
Newly Registered

Post by natalielove » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Thank you for the link.

I have been looking on there but all so confussing, I was hoping to find someone on here who has completed the whole process to give me some advise.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:21 pm

The rules changed on 9th July, so you may not find anyone on the forum able to explain the process from personal experience.
Basically you need to submit evidence:
1. As your husband's sponsor, you are earning a minimum of £18,600 per year or have minimum savings of £16,000 to meet the shortfall, which must have been held in your account for at least 6 months.
2. You have adequate accommodation in the UK (not overcrowded)
3. Your relationship is genuine
4. Your husband has met the pre-entry language requirement by passing the A1 English language test.

My husband is Moroccan, but the requirements have changed a great deal since he was granted a spouse visa in 2006.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Casa wrote:1. As your husband's sponsor, you are earning a minimum of £18,600 per year or have minimum savings of £16,000 to meet the shortfall
It would be calculated as 16,000 + (2.5 x the shortfall). For example:
A person with an income of 17,000 would need savings in the amount of 16,000 + (2.5 x 1,600) = 20,000
A person with no income would require 16,000 + (2.5 x 18,600) = 62,500

natalielove
Newly Registered

Post by natalielove » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi
Thank you for you reply. That is fine about the salary as I earn more then £18k.
What sort of evidence did you have to provide, did you get anyone to write a letter about you as a couple?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 am

natalielove wrote:Hello,
I am applying for a spouse visa for my husband and i wanted to see if a letter from my mum would be ok stating that she is happy for us to live with her until we find a place to rent.

Do i need anything else to show proof of our accomodation

thank you
natalielove wrote:Hello

I am applying for a spouse visa for my husband and wanted to know if i
need to provide wedding photos even though i will provide a marriage cert and general photos of us.

Thank you

I am applying for a spouse visa and i need to provide bank statements.
My statements are online so i will need to go into my bank and ask them to print them on headed paper, will this be ok?

Thank you
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Franko

Post by Franko » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 pm

natalielove wrote:Hi
Thank you for you reply. That is fine about the salary as I earn more then £18k.
What sort of evidence did you have to provide
From UKBA Website

In respect of salaried employment in the UK, all of the following evidence must be provided:
(b) The P60 for the relevant period or periods (if issued).
(c) Wage slips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months; or
(ii) A period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months.
(d) A letter from the employer confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
(e) A signed contract of employment.
(f) Monthly personal bank statements corresponding to the same period as the wage slips at paragraph 2(c), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

Franko

Post by Franko » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:09 pm

natalielove wrote: did you get anyone to write a letter about you as a couple?
I don't believe letters wrote by friends/family etc carry much weight with the UKBA.

Franko

Post by Franko » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 pm

natalielove wrote:Hello,
I am applying for a spouse visa for my husband and i wanted to see if a letter from my mum would be ok stating that she is happy for us to live with her until we find a place to rent.

Do i need anything else to show proof of our accomodation

thank you
Yes lots, first of all you will need to prove your mums right to stay in the property, Deeds or mortgage statement if she owns it, or tenancy agreement if it rented. If rented then you will also need letter from the landlord confirming your permission to stay.

As your going to be living in the property with another adult (Your mum) then I would recommend and immigration inspection report from your local council to confirm it will not be overcrowded. Most councils provide this service mine cost me £100.

I am applying for a spouse visa for my husband and wanted to know if i
need to provide wedding photos even though i will provide a marriage cert and general photos of us.

Thank you
Why would you not provide them? although not essential it may raise questions in the mind of the ECO about the genuineness of your marriage.

I am applying for a spouse visa and i need to provide bank statements.
My statements are online so i will need to go into my bank and ask them to print them on headed paper, will this be ok?

Thank you
If they are online statements then they will need stamping at your local branch, every page of every statement must be stamped, be aware many banks are reluctant to do this now. Best thing is call them and request printed statement to be posted to you.