ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Credit & Child benefit - national insurance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beatrice
Newly Registered

Post by beatrice » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:35 am

Please can somebody advise on this situation.

My husbands details are in the HO- But when I had my first child (4years ago) as I thought that we were not allowed to receive funds from the govenment when submitting the application to the HO I was advised to put through my Tax credit claim as 'separated' in order to receive the funds.

Unfortunately althought my husband application is still in the home office- we have been going through a rough time and have recently separated- Living separately. I am in a bit of a dilemma- as I have had another child and i am not sure whether to continue to claim a separated expecially for child benefit etc as I am concerened this may have any effect ob his application. It has become clear by reading through this website that Tax credit is ok to claim if only I knew this 4 years ago.

I still want his paper work to go through but at the same time I need to receive these funds to cushion me financially. My child is now 7 months - but I am still unsure how to claim for the child benefit.

Slightly confused about things- sorry if it sounds pathetic.

My husband also need sto get an N.I number - could he get this by registering with Inland Revenue as Self-employed? as he does private catering

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:10 pm

whats your nationality and/or immigration status in the UK?
Where there is a will there is a way.

beatrice
Newly Registered

Post by beatrice » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:23 pm

I am a British Born and my husband is Jamaican.

He overstayed for 9 years after coming to the uk on 6 months visitor visa.
His application has been with the HO since June 2005 and is 'being processed'.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:17 pm

You can still receive Child Benefit for both kids and working /child tax credit as appropriate.

Your 'partners' status has nothing to do with the aforementioned entitlements
Where there is a will there is a way.