ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Absence from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fragnance19
Newly Registered

Query on Absence from UK

Post by fragnance19 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Members,

I have read many posts before deciding to put my queries here to get your advice.

Background: I had WP, TIER1 General and now Tier1 Extension, now next week I can apply for ILR.

Questions:
1. Arrived in UK on 17th Nov 2007, so considering 28 days I can apply any time after 20th Oct 2012? I am opting for sooner rather than later, is this assumption correct.

2. Absence from UK -
2a. I read the FAQ for ILR and it says not to consider the departure date and arrival date. So is the below calculation correct?
Stamped Date on Passport for Arrival in India - 08/02/2008
Stamped Date on Passport for Arrival in UK - 13/02/2008
Absence = 4 days or 5 days?
Considering the 4 days is correct answer for 3a, my total absence is as below with no single absence greater then 90 days.
Total Number of Days outside the UK on Annual Paid Leave Since First Entry - 124
Total Number of Days outside the UK when travelled to Indian parent company with no UK salary - 100. Where 75 days was to travel back to Indian Parent Company and another 25 days was for serving the resignation period in Parent Indian Company.

2b. what document do I need to show for the absence where my UK salary is not there? For leaves with UK salary - I have P60, Bank Statements and copy of salary slip with no stamp from previous company.

Best Regards
ILR Applicant

navodwickra

Re: Query on Absence from UK

Post by navodwickra » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 pm

fragnance19 wrote:Hi Members,

I have read many posts before deciding to put my queries here to get your advice.

Background: I had WP, TIER1 General and now Tier1 Extension, now next week I can apply for ILR.

Questions:
1. Arrived in UK on 17th Nov 2007, so considering 28 days I can apply any time after 20th Oct 2012? I am opting for sooner rather than later, is this assumption correct.

2. Absence from UK -
2a. I read the FAQ for ILR and it says not to consider the departure date and arrival date. So is the below calculation correct?
Stamped Date on Passport for Arrival in India - 08/02/2008
Stamped Date on Passport for Arrival in UK - 13/02/2008
Absence = 4 days or 5 days?
Considering the 4 days is correct answer for 3a, my total absence is as below with no single absence greater then 90 days.
Total Number of Days outside the UK on Annual Paid Leave Since First Entry - 124
Total Number of Days outside the UK when travelled to Indian parent company with no UK salary - 100. Where 75 days was to travel back to Indian Parent Company and another 25 days was for serving the resignation period in Parent Indian Company.

2b. what document do I need to show for the absence where my UK salary is not there? For leaves with UK salary - I have P60, Bank Statements and copy of salary slip with no stamp from previous company.

Best Regards
ILR Applicant
I would say 5 days.

If you don't have any single absent over 90 days and the total doesn't exceed 180 you don't need any extra documents.

Also if you can score enough points for your earnings you don't need to justify any period that you weren't paid.

fragnance19
Newly Registered

Post by fragnance19 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Navodwickra,

Thanks for the response, I have exceeded 180 days. Total number of days are 231 where as below, so what documents I need to provide for the absence where there was no UK salary?

Best Regards
ILR Applicant

fragnance19
Newly Registered

Post by fragnance19 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Can someone please advice?

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am

fragnance19 wrote:Hi Navodwickra,

Thanks for the response, I have exceeded 180 days. Total number of days are 231 where as below, so what documents I need to provide for the absence where there was no UK salary?

Best Regards
ILR Applicant
Could you get a letter from your company to justify the absences. Mention they were business trips.