ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1(Gen)_extention_earnings_claim

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

grayscale
Newly Registered

Tier-1(Gen)_extention_earnings_claim

Post by grayscale » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 am

Hi, I am applying for my Tier-1(g) extension in Nov2012 next month. I am showing earnings through my employment salary from dates 1stNov2011-31stOctober2012.
My doubt is, can i claim for any earning of work i did in month october2011 but which reflects in bank statement and payslips of November 2011? for example I have received a pay on 1st november2011 and payslip for that also reflects the same date,but that pay was for work i did in october2011 and before, Can i use that earning to claim?

Thanks

Pranvayu

Post by Pranvayu » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 pm

You can claim all pay that fall within the 12 months period irrespective of when the work was "perfomed".

grayscale
Newly Registered

Post by grayscale » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks Pranvayu.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 am

Pranvayu wrote:You can claim all pay that fall within the 12 months period irrespective of when the work was "perfomed".
in my opinion it is absolutely not correct, seniors may put some light on this issue.

if you claiming period from nov 11 to oct 12 then any pay for work done in oct 11 wouldnt count even if its paid in nov 11.

think about this e.g, if you work in jan from 1st to 31st then its upto your employer to pay you either on the last working day, a week before or a month later so what is important here? the work done in January and not the actual pay date.

chuckvyl
Newly Registered

Post by chuckvyl » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:59 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:
Pranvayu wrote:You can claim all pay that fall within the 12 months period irrespective of when the work was "perfomed".
in my opinion it is absolutely not correct, seniors may put some light on this issue.

if you claiming period from nov 11 to oct 12 then any pay for work done in oct 11 wouldnt count even if its paid in nov 11.

think about this e.g, if you work in jan from 1st to 31st then its upto your employer to pay you either on the last working day, a week before or a month later so what is important here? the work done in January and not the actual pay date.

I disagree with you.There is no place in the immigration rule book where it says "that work done must fall within the period you are claiming".Look hard you won't see it.if you work from january to march and you are yet to be paid.
Have you earned any thing yet?Will you say your earning is january to March?
No. You earn money when you get paid until you get paid you have earned ZERO pounds.For example,if i claimed from 1 january 2011 to 31 december 2011 for example,and i got paid in lieu for janury 2012.so my payslip in december contains both december 2011 and january 2012.Will the pay in lieu be dicounted bc i have not worked for the money and adding janury 2012 will make it 13th month? There is no court in Uk that will say that you earned that money in january 2012.When you worked is irrelevant,the most important thing is payslip and bank payment must fall within 12 months.Seniors in this forum are not lawyers.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:15 am

Ill stick to my belief unless One of the mod confirms either way.

santhoap

Post by santhoap » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:02 pm

It is quite straight forward. It is just the date of salary credited within past 15 months. Hence CW will mainly look for Bank statements for the salary credited.

marynwokedi
Newly Registered

Post by marynwokedi » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 pm

i recently applied and got approved and this is how it worked for me:

I started employment work on 26th May but my payslip stated 1st June and payment was made on 1st June so my periods of earning started on 1st June

UKBA are not concerned about when you started work, there are more particular about the dates on your payslip and dates on your bank statement so CW will only look at the dates of your payslip and correspond to date net profit entered your bank statement so you need to put start dates from dates on payslip and bank statement

cheers :)

chopchak
Newly Registered

Post by chopchak » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 am

I am in the same boat. Can I have expert advise on this.

Thanks