ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship License

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hello world
Newly Registered

Sponsorship License

Post by hello world » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on a Tier-1 (Post Study Work) visa, that expires in 3.5 months time, on 20th Feb to be exact. I have been working as a Junior Developer for a company that makes mobile apps. This company doesn't have the sponsorship license.

I was looking for another job in a company that can sponsor me and recently I found one, which I have to join in December. They were willing to apply for the license to sponsor me so they applied for a license first week of October. It means that the company should be able to get the license before Feb to be able to sponsor me. Which I am very doubtful about, as the UKBA is still processing applications from April...

I called UKBA and they told me that the applications are currently taking at-least 6 months and may be more in some cases. When I asked him, is there any way, he told me that I might be able to apply without CoS and ask UKBA to hold my application instead of processing it until a decision is made on the license application made by the company. Though he was not sure about it and asked me to call the other number to confirm whether this is possible.

Is it possible that I can ask them to hold my application? Secondly if it's not then what other options do I have?

Any suggestions from anyone would be much much appreciated..

Thanks in advance everyone.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 pm

This is being discussed here in this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=112044