ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help = ILR application SET(O) + FLR (M) - Fees

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sams1enigma

Help = ILR application SET(O) + FLR (M) - Fees

Post by sams1enigma » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for ILR and my wife does not qualify for ILR as she has been here under 2 years in UK so will be applying Further leave to remain FLR(M) along with me

We have a PEO appointment and I am confused as to whether we would be required to pay

SET(O) applicant fee + 1 Dependant = £2066

or

SET (O) applicant fee = £1377
+
FLR(M) applicant fee = £867

Can anyone kindly point as to which fee we would be paying at the PEO

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Given that you will be submitting and FLR(m) and a set(o), the answer is 2.

sams1enigma

Post by sams1enigma » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Greenie wrote:Given that you will be submitting and FLR(m) and a set(o), the answer is 2.
Thanks Greenie

Do we need seperate applications?! or can I just use the SET (O) application for both of us. (main applicant + dependant)?

:cry: does +1 dependant then not constitute dependant applications :shock: sniff!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Separate forms given that she is not applying for settlement, she cannot be included on your set(o) form.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Are you aware that she needs a separate appointment?

sams1enigma

Post by sams1enigma » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Greenie wrote:Are you aware that she needs a separate appointment?
I am in a real pickle now actually... got my appointment on Wednesday I have got an appointment for SET(O) plus one dependant :(

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 am

sams1enigma wrote:
I am in a real pickle now actually... got my appointment on Wednesday I have got an appointment for SET(O) plus one dependant :(
Sorry to hear that but She definitely needs another appointment and this is what you need to do;

You need to apply under SET(O). Once you get a letter confirming you have been approved ILR(normally the same day), you need that letter to make an application for her with FLR(M).

This has to be done before her leave to remain expires (means max 27 days since you have been issued with ILR)

Now you need to book another appointment for her or do postal application.

Regards

sams1enigma

Post by sams1enigma » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:38 am

pal2786 wrote:
sams1enigma wrote:
Sorry to hear that but She definitely needs another appointment and this is what you need to do;

You need to apply under SET(O). Once you get a letter confirming you have been approved ILR(normally the same day), you need that letter to make an application for her with FLR(M).

This has to be done before her leave to remain expires (means max 27 days since you have been issued with ILR)

Now you need to book another appointment for her or do postal application.

Regards
Thanks Pal2786... :)

sams1enigma

Post by sams1enigma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 am

More confused now...but hopefully looking on the bright side now

ILR

Main applicant :-

WP (2007-2009) + Tier 1 (2009 - 2012) + Tier 1 extn (2012 - 2014)

Dependant :-

(2011 - 2012) + PBS dependant (2012 - 2014)

Went to Solihull PEO (Professional & Courteous) with SET(0) + FLR(M)

1. Security checks
2. Token handed to me
3. Token called to give the application to case worker
4. Case worker tells me 1 form 1 appointment (as expected :( ) so for FLR(M) have to get another application and that they will only process mine and says FLR (M) is not the right form and PBS dependant is
5. I say I renewed that already in June and show him my wife's biometric with validity of PBS dependant which she received alongwith my tier 1 general extn which is valid till 2014
6. The case worker tells me that i then dont need to extend for my wife till 2014 and that she does not need to apply now and can apply for ILR when she completes 2 yrs
7. The case worker tells me he will confirm this and tell me again later and then starts processing my application
8. Asks for my passport + photocopies
9. LIUK test notification letter
10. Asks for Payslips + Banks statements 12 months (Orig+Copies)
11. Checks the absence sheet on my application
12. Checks the application further
13. Goes away for some time comes back and again confirms my wife need not apply now and can apply for ILR directly next year, also mentions that a note will be added onto the system mentioning i had come with my wife' and this was advised
14.Does some further looking into my application, tells me I should be fine with my application and asks me to pay and get my biometrics done
15. Come out...give in my payment...Get my biometrics done was asked to return in an hour and half..come back was issued with a letter informing i will be getting my biometric in the next couple of days

Now I still am in shock that my wife need not change hers to apply for FLR(M) from PBS dependant...but looks like the rules are hazy for me we applied for pbs dependant alongwith my wife in June 2012 and the UKBA website seems to neither support nor dissuade me...more confused now as i dont want to find out on returning from abroad that I am able to enter back into uk and my wife cannot :?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am

She can remain as a PBS dependent and apply for ilr on form set(o) when she completes her two years.

See this thread-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114832

sams1enigma

Post by sams1enigma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 am

Greenie wrote:She can remain as a PBS dependent and apply for ilr on form set(o) when she completes her two years.

See this thread-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114832
Awesome!! thanks a lot Greenie :) you guys rock!