ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Officialy translated Marriage Certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ojconcentrate
Newly Registered

Officialy translated Marriage Certificate

Post by ojconcentrate » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Hello All,

My wife will need to produce the marriage certificate when she comes back into the UK as a family of an EEA member.

We got married in Brazil and we currently hold a translated marriage certificate translated by an official translator in Brazil and authenticated by the consulate of the USA. It all looks very formal and official and everything...

We have used this translated certificate for an EEA2 application a few years ago and it all went ok.

I was wondering, is there some sort of official translation service in the UK we could use to translate it so as to avoid any problems when she seeks admission at port? Just so we keep everything local. As much as we like the USA for holidays, we dont have any ties there.

many thanks

Mods: could you move my topic to the correct forum? i guess it should be in the General immigration forum rather than this one.