ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Days outside UK for naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moksh4me
Newly Registered

Days outside UK for naturalisation

Post by moksh4me » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:06 am

Hi All,

Can you please suggest after you get your ILR how many days can you be outside the UK. Does your total no of days outside the country be an issue when applying for naturalisation?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Hemal

vik30

Post by vik30 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:11 am

i believe you can apply for naturalisation after completing 12 months on your ILR. You must not have been out of the country for more than 90 days during that qualififying period.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:21 am

hpat

Re: ILR - Days outside UK

Post by hpat » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 am

moksh4me wrote:Hi All,

Can you please suggest after you get your ILR how many days can you be outside the UK. Does your total no of days outside the country be an issue when applying for naturalisation?

Hemal
not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
See UKBA LINK: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/