ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO at Glasgow - Earning through own LTD Company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KSHAZ
BANNED

PEO at Glasgow - Earning through own LTD Company

Post by KSHAZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi All
I am applying Tier 1 General Ext.
Has anyone got any PEO experience at Glasgow as I have appointment next month.
My earnings are through my own LTD Company.

I have read on this forum that on some places they do not take cases if earnings are through LTD Company.
Please reply.

Thanks Allot

jagacharaja

Re: PEO at Glasgow - Earning through own LTD Company

Post by jagacharaja » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm

I recently applied successfully at Croydon PEO for my ILR. I also operate through my limited company so my experience might be relevant for you.

I had the following documents with me:

- Personal bank statements showing salary and dividend payments
- Business bank statements showing salary and dividend payments
- Payslips
- Letter from Accountant confirming my gross income (including dividends) for the period in question
- Latest P60
- Invoices issued to clients during the period in question
- Company Incorporation Certificate
- VAT Registration Certificate

Inspite of all of the above documents they still didn't make a decision on the day and asked me to provide a written confirmation from HMRC that I pay Class 2 NI contributions (because the UKBA officer thought I was self-employed). Also they asked for proof that I pay tax on dividends.

To cater for these additional requests I provided my latest tax return and a written confirmation that showed only Class 1 NI contributions (HMRC does not class me as self-employed as I'm an employee of the limited company, thereby implying that Class 2 NI contributions are not applicable to me). I had to send these two pieces within 14 days of the PEO appointment date, which I did. Two days after sending this stuff in I got a call from them informing me that the application has been approved.

To avoid this delay you might want to take with you the following (on the day):

- Your tax returns
- Company accounts
- Have your accountant confirm in a letter that Class 2 NI contributions are not applicable to you as you are not classed as self-employed (from HMRC's perspective) - of course, check whether this is correct in your case.

Good luck.

Rakesh_Raj
Newly Registered

Devidiends

Post by Rakesh_Raj » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 am

jagacharaja wrote:I recently applied successfully at Croydon PEO for my ILR. I also operate through my limited company so my experience might be relevant for you.

I had the following documents with me:

- Personal bank statements showing salary and dividend payments
- Business bank statements showing salary and dividend payments
- Payslips
- Letter from Accountant confirming my gross income (including dividends) for the period in question
- Latest P60
- Invoices issued to clients during the period in question
- Company Incorporation Certificate
- VAT Registration Certificate

Inspite of all of the above documents they still didn't make a decision on the day and asked me to provide a written confirmation from HMRC that I pay Class 2 NI contributions (because the UKBA officer thought I was self-employed). Also they asked for proof that I pay tax on dividends.

To cater for these additional requests I provided my latest tax return and a written confirmation that showed only Class 1 NI contributions (HMRC does not class me as self-employed as I'm an employee of the limited company, thereby implying that Class 2 NI contributions are not applicable to me). I had to send these two pieces within 14 days of the PEO appointment date, which I did. Two days after sending this stuff in I got a call from them informing me that the application has been approved.

To avoid this delay you might want to take with you the following (on the day):

- Your tax returns
- Company accounts
- Have your accountant confirm in a letter that Class 2 NI contributions are not applicable to you as you are not classed as self-employed (from HMRC's perspective) - of course, check whether this is correct in your case.

Good luck.
Hi
Is it compulsory to take dividend?
Can your net profit not be considered as earning in company account?
I believe dividends are just printed by accountant on a plain paper according to payment transferred?
How did you proved that you are paying Tax on dividend?
Thanks