ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling - ILR BRP but lost passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jade-london
Newly Registered

Travelling - ILR BRP but lost passport

Post by jade-london » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:06 pm

I am not sure anyone here can give me some advice:

I had my Indefinite leave to remain issued in march 2012(with the biometric residence permit). It will be expired 2022. I was told that this ILR is linked to my passport (BNO): british national overseas , which will be expired dec 2012. I am now working in UK. But being a Hong Kong citizen, I also hold another HKSAR passport that expire 2014. I tried to renew my BNO passport but failed as they required my HKID which I have lost it.

I will be flying dec 2012 back to HK for holiday and back next year January. I just wonder if I come back with my HKSAR passport, with the biometric residence permit (expired 2022). Would that be any problem if the linked passport (BNO) already expired by then? I could not renew my BNO in this country as I lost my HKID. And if I apply for HKID and renew my BNO in HK, I dont think I have enough time to do that.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some advice. My main concern is that I could not return back to UK with my HKSAR passport, expired BNO and Biometric residence permit

Thanks in advance

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:34 pm

i thought the reason you get a BRP card now is that you don't have to have vignette on the passport. If you have your BRP which has your details in a chip/pin card then i cannot see any reason of refusal of entry.

also, have you reported your lost passport to police

jade-london
Newly Registered

Post by jade-london » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:48 pm

innocentdevil wrote:i thought the reason you get a BRP card now is that you don't have to have vignette on the passport. If you have your BRP which has your details in a chip/pin card then i cannot see any reason of refusal of entry.

also, have you reported your lost passport to police

Thanks for your message. I did not lost my passport, but I just lost my HK IDcard (similar to the UK biometric residence permit). And if I need to renew my BNO passport, I need to provide my identity proof (that is my HKID) which I lost it. Hk will not issue new ID card if it is lost overseas. and I will report lost once I arrived HK. And it has to be done in HK. The problem now is I might not have enough time to get my HKID and renew the BNO as I just back for less than 3 weeks. Therefore I hope my residence permit (expire 2022) with my expired BNO, and HKSAR passport are sufficient to let to enter UK.