ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO Appointment without dependants

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Adojay

ILR PEO Appointment without dependants

Post by Adojay » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi All,

Just curious to know what happens if only main applicant attends PEO appointment without dependant(s). Typical is my case where my spouse's been away and just returned back to the UK. She is scheduled to write Life in the UK test tomorrow. However I have booked PEO appointment for 26th October. My worry is that if she does not pass the test (don't know if people fail the test), the next available date would be after 26th October, which means that;

1. I would have to re-schedule PEO appointment.

2. Attend alone with the kids (without her). Not sure how possible.

The major issue for me is that re-scheduling would be too close to our visa expiry date (14/12/2012). The earliest I would have to attend PEO would be around end of November. Even though I consider my case straight forward, I am also wary of any negative eventualities. Worst is the fact that I changed jobs in June this year, and my new employer, realising too late after job offer that I only had about 6 months left on my visa decided to change my contract to fixed term to coincide with my visa expiration. This means that if I am unable to produce any visa extension, am definitely OUT.

To cut already long story short, anyone with ideas if main applicant and dependants can apply seperately? In my case, can I attend PEO alone or with kids, and get the MRS to use the postal service. Not sure she would be pleased with that, but only just curious to know what options we have.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Kind regards,

Adojay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

p2kin

Re: ILR PEO Appointment without dependants

Post by p2kin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Adojay wrote:Hi All,

Just curious to know what happens if only main applicant attends PEO appointment without dependant(s). Typical is my case where my spouse's been away and just returned back to the UK. She is scheduled to write Life in the UK test tomorrow. However I have booked PEO appointment for 26th October. My worry is that if she does not pass the test (don't know if people fail the test), the next available date would be after 26th October, which means that;

1. I would have to re-schedule PEO appointment.

2. Attend alone with the kids (without her). Not sure how possible.

The major issue for me is that re-scheduling would be too close to our visa expiry date (14/12/2012). The earliest I would have to attend PEO would be around end of November. Even though I consider my case straight forward, I am also wary of any negative eventualities. Worst is the fact that I changed jobs in June this year, and my new employer, realising too late after job offer that I only had about 6 months left on my visa decided to change my contract to fixed term to coincide with my visa expiration. This means that if I am unable to produce any visa extension, am definitely OUT.

To cut already long story short, anyone with ideas if main applicant and dependants can apply seperately? In my case, can I attend PEO alone or with kids, and get the MRS to use the postal service. Not sure she would be pleased with that, but only just curious to know what options we have.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Kind regards,

Adojay
Your best bet is to check with UKBA themselves calling that ever long waiting number 0870......& check..

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Unfortunately, I trust the response I would get from this forum than that from UKBA. Probably my last resort, but certainly not my best bet. Thanks anyway.

- Vince Lombardi

pjzhang
Newly Registered

Post by pjzhang » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 pm

I have similar concern too.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Adojay wrote:Unfortunately, I trust the response I would get from this forum than that from UKBA. Probably my last resort, but certainly not my best bet. Thanks anyway.
Guys,

My wife passed the test this morning, so no need to bother about the questions posed above. However, it might be useful for some other members who might be in such similar circumstance.

Kind regards,

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi

oakleigh841
Newly Registered

Post by oakleigh841 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:35 pm

I actually rang the UKBA yesterday and asked them a similar question, as I booked an appointment for my wife and I, but now she is away on a business trip on the appointment date. They answer from UKBA was that as long as the main applicant on the appointment hasn't changed, it doesn't matter if you show up with less dependants than booked.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Oakleigh,

If your wife returns from her trip, would applying by post be her only option for ILR? Or do you think you may have to book for PEO appointment again? Just curious though.

- Vince Lombardi