ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long can i stay in india after hsmp visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vadan
Newly Registered

how long can i stay in india after hsmp visa

Post by vadan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:56 am

i got hsmp visa on october 20, 2006.my hsmp approval letter is dated july 23rd.How long can i stay in india .when should i reach to uk with out any problem for 3 year extension.
whether is it maximum 3 months per year can i stay outside uk inorder to get
FLR OR ILR In uk.Kindly answer these queries keeping in mind new changes to HSMP.
what kind of questions will be asked at entry posts like heathrow.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:09 pm

I think in ur case you should come to UK in January as the around Xmas there is a li'l slump in the Job market. This is my personal opinion. You should not make later to it as it take a li’l while to look for a job and then the criteria for extension has also got a li’l tough now and you have to be earning good to make it unlike earlier times.
The rule for ILR says that you should not be away from UK in total for 6 months in 4 years…that does not include business trips…and at any given instance not be away from the country for 3 months. This could have changed slightly as now an HSMP holder have to be in UK for 5 years before making ILR….

indianpirate
Newly Registered

you have to come in as soon as possible.

Post by indianpirate » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:42 pm

hi,
you have to come to the UK before 3 months from the date given your visa. otherwise you will disqualified for ILR.
cheers.

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:39 pm

Indianpirate - No sir. There is no law that compels u to come to the UK within 3 months. The relevant date for ILR applcation is the date of your first arrival in the UK. It is however desitable to come quickly to the UK so that your job search could start in earnest